Administrative, Customer Service
$12.00 / Hourly
Jefferson County invites YOU to join our team and earn more than a paycheck! See what success looks like in an environment that promotes professional development/career growth, a diverse workforce, and a supporting culture focusing on team work, leadership, respect, and integrity.
Position will work a flexible part-time work schedule that could include nights and weekends. Work may be performed indoors and/ or outdoors. The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support, information, program registration, and educational services for CSU-Extension and its operations.
About Jefferson County:
A career with Jefferson County Government offers the best candidates career growth and a diverse workforce. More than a paycheck, your job enriches the lives of the citizens of Jefferson County. Jefferson County is a major stop along RTD’s new Light Rail West Line.
Living and working in Jefferson County offers the quintessential Colorado lifestyle sought after by many. Residents enjoy easy access to mountain activities such as hiking, skiing and rafting, while also being able to take advantage of the eclectic amenities offered by the greater metropolitan Denver area.
Located at the heart of the foothills of Golden, city life, bike paths, hiking and adventure are just a step away. When you’re ready to learn, grow, and make a contribution to your community, find your career with us.
* Administrative Assistant will act as the front line communication hub for the Jefferson County CSU-Extension ENOR
* Environmental Discover 4-H Camp.
* Provide prompt and courteous service to all callers, visitors, guests, staff and clients. A number of clients will be parents of campers. Greet everyone immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information and resources.
* Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear communication. Retrieve messages and communicate the content as needed.
* Field guest and client complaints. Resolves routine questions and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher levels. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion.
* Contact historical partners and potential new partners to arrange details of supplemental educational opportunities, site visits, etc.
* Utilize computerized data entry equipment, online registration system, maintain documents and information by preparing forms, email templates, curriculum and reports using word processing, spreadsheet, database and/or file maintenance programs to enter, store, and/or retrieve information as requested or otherwise necessary. Verify documents for accuracy. Monitor flow of paperwork. Electronically file and retrieve documents as necessary.
* Perform administrative tasks in support of CSU-Extension, including producing reports and completing projects.
* Ensure all provided material is accurate. Prepare supplies and materials for staff usage. Assist with front desk coverage. Receive mail, documents, faxes, and packages. Order supplies.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
* High School diploma or equivalent certificate.
* Must have strong organizational skills.
* Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
* Strong ability to clearly communicate for planning and promoting program.
* Ability to handle confidential information.
* Needs strong ethics.
* Must be able to use basic office equipment such as copy/fax machines, multi-line phone system.
* Ability to handle a variety of tasks, quickly switch priorities, and handle interruptions while still and retaining focus and providing good customer service.
* Interest in and ability to work effectively in a team environment to complete work in a timely manner and to defined standards of quality.
* Prefer a minimum of six months college course work in Program Management, Environmental Management or related field.
* Prefer applicants with experience doing Program management, customer service, camp planning and/or related work experiences.
* Social Media experience including website content creation.
* Experience working in an office environment.
* Experience working with and leading volunteers or youth leadership programs.
* Customer Service and Guest Relations experience.
* Strong computer proficiency within desktop and mobile device environments.
* Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
* Ability to manage conflict resolution.
* Understanding of 4-H youth development program and/or CSU Extension.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply