Full Job Description
This position will assist with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the ABS organization. This position requires good attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, excellent communication skills, and the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Arrange travel plans for department members.
- Process expense reports through Concur travel system.
- Coordinate/handle arrangements for special events (i.e., catering and conference room setups).
- Generate and manage purchase inquiries.
- Obtain quotes from suppliers.
- Coordinate receipts with Purchasing.
- Facilitate invoice approvals with department management and invoice payment with Accounting.
- Provide information to Finance/Accounting for the generation of invoices to headquarters.
- Manage calendars.
- Schedule meetings.
- Make timely updates to budget tracking spreadsheets/databases.
- Perform administrative duties in support of project management activities.
- Assist with the development of presentations.
- Assist with compiling/entering department timekeeping data.
- Order and maintain office supplies.
- Perform other support activities as they arise.
- Perform back-up support for the IOS Department’s administrative assistant.
- High school diploma.
- 3-5 years prior administrative experience required.
- Familiarity with general administrative duties.
- Detail oriented and well organized.
- Must be able to multi-task and handle numerous projects at once.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Experience with report writing in analytics software (e.g. Business Objects or MicroStrategy) preferred.
- Ability to work within an ERP environment in order to generate purchase inquiries.
- Ability to work with company-wide electronic mail and calendaring system.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees, customers and visitors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Good verbal communication skills and telephone usage.
- Must be able to sit for 3-4 hours at a time.
- Attendance in accordance with company policies.
- Able to work independently and remotely, as required.
- Must be able to speak and understand English to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Basic math skills.
Notice to Staffing Agencies, Placement Services, and Professional Recruiters:
Phoenix Contact has an internal Staffing Department. Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact Phoenix Contact employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. Phoenix Contact will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Phoenix Contact, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Phoenix Contact mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Phoenix Contact employees, or to Phoenix Contact’s resume database will be considered Phoenix Contact property. Phoenix Contact will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Phoenix Contact will consider any candidate for whom a Recruiter has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Recruiter free of any charges or fees. Phoenix Contact will not pay a fee to any Recruiter that does not have a signed Phoenix Contact contract in place specific to the position for which the resume was submitted. Recruiting vendor agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Phoenix Contact’s Director of Organization Development and Talent Acquisition or his or her designee. No other Phoenix Contact employee is authorized to bind Phoenix Contact to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Recruiters. By submitting a candidate to Phoenix Contact, recruiters agree to be bound and comply with this policy.
Company – Phoenix Contact
Website: https://www.phoenixcontact.comClick Here to Apply