Medical & Health, Data Entry
We are looking for certified tumor registrars, registered nurses, physician assistants, or those with equivalent backgrounds who are fluent in oncology terminology to help us interpret and organize clinical oncology data, as well as help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here’s what you need to know about the role, our team, and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You’ll Do
In this role, you’ll primarily abstract data from electronic medical records and use our proprietary software system to enter the data into our database. You would also be responsible for providing feedback to our team about the software that you are using. As an abstractor you will:
- Help generate robust data sets by extracting key data points from electronic health records using Flatiron’s proprietary software system
- Maintain a high level of performance, as measured by passing evaluations and maintaining strong quality and efficiency scores
- Learn new concepts and pass abstraction tests in order to obtain credentials to abstract in a variety of modules, as determined by management
- Provide feedback and input on new features, tools, and workflows
- Help with feasibility and initial testing of novel data points or new abstraction approaches
- Work a minimum of 10 hours/week and submit timesheets in accordance with company policy
Who You Are:
- You are a certified tumor registrar, registered nurse, physician assistant, clinical research professional or equivalent with significant hands-on experience working in oncology (2 or more years).
- You are familiar with all aspects of how cancer is treated, from diagnosis to recovery, and be fluent in cancer terminology.
- You have a high comfort level with technology
- You have a demonstrated exceptional attention to detail. Experience with data entry, including strong typing skills, is helpful
- You are interested in part-time work, consider yourself a self-motivated learner and are excited about the potential that Flatiron Health has to innovate cancer care
- You have consistent access to a secure, high-speed internet network
Benefits and Perks
This opportunity at Flatiron is a chance to be involved in the future of cancer care and research. We offer:
- A remote position where you can work from the comfort of your home
- Laptop provided – no special equipment needed besides an internet connection
- Completely flexible hours (only a 10-hour minimum weekly commitment)
- Paid sick leave
- Annual allowance of up to $250 to support continuing education
Successful candidates are eligible to work in the United States and have passed standardized technical assessments associated with abstractor positions. However, Flatiron’s abstractors are prohibited from simultaneously working for Flatiron customers.
Company – Flatiron
Website – https://flatiron.com/