$45k – 55k
We’re a fast-growing “dating advice” startup that provides thousands of men who feel “lost” in their dating lives with powerful, life changing courses to get them back on track fast.
Our blog content focuses on dating, relationship and sex advice for all levels of experience, as well as lifestyle, travel, opinions, and news (edgier content includes hookups, sex advice, etc.)
You’ll be in an editor role, hiring and managing writers, overseeing revisions, and maintaining our quality guidelines and editorial calendar.
• You have a proven track record of finding and managing high-quality content creators (written, video or audio)
• You go the extra mile to ensure tips, ideas and opinions rise above the sea of “typical” content out there. We would consider “typical” content to be, for example, what’s found in Men’s Health, Ask Men, dating advice books, Yahoo Answers, etc.
• You push your writers to look into studies, academic research, opinions from highly regarded experts, “underground” sources and more to enrich content
• You develop systems, guidelines and requirements to ensure quality improves
• You work well in a team and one-on-one with designers, managers, writers, etc.
• You come up with and try new ideas for content to test with your audience
• System for discovering and recruiting new content creators
• System for evaluating content creators both pre-hire and during their engagement with us, and ability to give constructive feedback in a respectful way when needed
• Comfortable managing content creators, due dates and drafts
• Comfortable setting goals and metrics for success with blog manager and determining “course corrections” when needed to achieve them
• System for tracking relevant current events and news, as well as performing more substantive research when needed
• Ability to research / audit other sites for proven content ideas
• Can quickly gain a deep knowledge of your audience’s desires and preferences, including deep-diving into comments, survey data, customer service emails etc.
• Ability to create content both for educational and entertainment purposes
• Comfortable conducting interviews and writing news pieces, commentary, and articles when necessary
Not Critical, But “Nice To Have”:
• Previous work with a male audience and/or dating audience
• Experience with WordPress and editorial calendar software, such as CoSchedule
• Basic HTML knowledge
• Basic on-page SEO knowledge
• Basic Photoshop skills (resize, crop, tint, save web ready images)
• Comfortable on camera (not a requirement, but a great extra if you enjoy it)
Details about this position:
Compensation: $45k – 55k
Hours: 10am – 6pm EST, Monday-Friday (willing to accommodate flexible or unusual schedules.)
Location: Remotely. Can work from home or while travelling. Weekly or monthly in-person meetings, depending on your location.
Our Team: We’re located in NYC and 10 strong, including remote and part-time employees.
How to Apply
Submit Submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. put “A-Level Editor Ready To Join Your Cause!” as the subject line of the email. Attach your resume. Within the body of your email please…
1. Explain your interest in the topic of dating (5 sentences max). This is absolutely NOT a deal-breaker.
2. What is your past experience that qualifies you as an editor? (5 sentences max)
3. Why are you leaving (or left) your current position? (5 sentences max)