Vox Media contributors thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. The Vox Media house of brands includes industry-leading media forces like SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode, Racked and Polygon, and reaches an audience of hundreds of millions, generating over a billion content views each month.
Vox Media’s SB Nation is the fastest-growing online sports media brand and the largest network of more than 300 individual fan-centric sports communities, including SBNation.com, our national flagship property. Our network is powered by the most respected web-native sports journalists. One part of our network needs some new voices, and that’s where you come in.
The Cannon, the SB Nation blog covering the Columbus Blue Jackets, is hiring writers. The writers will be responsible for writing posts about the Blue Jackets on agreed-upon topics and schedules. We have openings for two contributors to join our team.
Ideally, we’d like to bring on at least one candidate who is local to the Columbus, Ohio, area and available to occasionally attend practice or media availability.
Our best candidates will:
* Have a passion for the Blue Jackets and will already be familiar with The Cannon.
* Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
* Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
* Follow junior hockey, European hockey, and/or NCAA prospects.
* Be skilled with analytics.
* Have previous playing or coaching experience to do Xs and Os analysis.
* Previous hockey or sportswriting experience in general is preferred.