To be discussed.
Founded in 2012, Student Loan Hero is on a mission to help 44 million people manage and repay over $1.4 trillion in student loan debt.
Student Loan Hero combines financial education with easy-to-use tools, unbiased personalized advice and repayment plans to help student loan borrowers become financially healthy.
What does the Student Loan Hero Writer do?
The mission of the Writer is to craft amazing blog posts and other content that knocks our readers’ socks off. We want the reaction to our writing to be “Wow! This is the most useful resource I’ve ever read on the topic!”
We help our readers and users answer important questions about their student loans and their finances in general. This process includes making concepts from the often-confusing world of student loans and personal finance easy to understand so that our readers can take action.
The Writer is crucial to making this happen. The primary way the Writer will do this is through the SLH blog and website. The Writer should be comfortable writing content, especially related to student loans and topics of personal finance. Knowing how to identify interesting topics and produce a compelling blog post is a must for this position.
The Writer will also help SLH create and publish content writing on external sites as well, such as Forbes, Huffington Post, Entrepreneur, and more.
The ideal candidate for this position should have an entrepreneurial mindset and be ready to take on and initiate new projects when he or she sees the need.
What’s it like to work on the Student Loan Hero team?
Student Loan Hero is a fully remote team. We have team members all over the world, in cities including NYC, Austin, Portland, Santiago, and St. Petersburg.
Since we’re literally all over the map, communication using Slack, Gmail, Basecamp, Google Hangouts, and other tools is key for us. Don’t worry—you won’t be alone. We communicate regularly throughout the day.
As a growing company, most team members get to wear multiple hats, giving you tremendous learning and development opportunities. We believe in giving our team members autonomy to work on projects that interest them. Also, we place value on the output of each team member, and not simply the amount of facetime or hours you spend online.
A large part of our culture and values is transparency – we believe that team members should collaborate and communicate, not compete or engage in office politics.
At the same time, we like to make work as much fun as possible and “embrace the weird” about ourselves. We encourage our team to grow both personally and professionally, which is why we offer wellness and educational stipends, as well as several other great perks.
Above all, we’re proud to work on meaningful projects that impact the financial health of millions of people.
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
* 2+ years experience writing and publishing online, particularly in blog post format
* Familiarity with proper formatting, style, and tone of blog posts
* Ability to research and contribute ideas you can write about
* Ability to quickly turn around assignments for breaking news, etc.
* Availability to work full time
* Experience with conducting interviews for articles
* Familiarity with WordPress
* Experience writing about student loans and other personal finance topics
* Familiarity with SEO best practices
* Competitive salary: Based on experience and location.
* Equity: We’ll give you vested shares in the company.
* Vacation: Unlimited.
* Flexible hours: Work when you’re most productive.
* Work remotely: Work from wherever you want in the world. (Costa Rica, anyone?)
* New equipment: We’ll hook you up with a $2,000 technology stipend to purchase a laptop or whatever helps you work.
* Remote workspace: We’ll pay up to $500/month for a remote office space (e.g., co-working space).
* Wellness: We cover 100% of premiums for employees and dependents on a silver-level health insurance plan, plus you get up to $150/month for gym, fitness classes, nutrition counseling, weight loss programs, nutritious food delivery service, acupuncture, massages, workout equipment, or race registrations.
* Continuing education: Up to $100/month for courses, books, or anything you’d like to learn!
* Financial contribution: Receive a 100% match of up to 3% of annual salary to a retirement account, or
a 100% match of up to $2,000 toward student loan repayment assistance.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply