To succeed, you must GENUINELY be interested in people and leaders, delighting in their psychology and what makes them tick, marvelling at how they fit into what they do. This needs to be more than just a box-ticking job for you – you must have an innate desire to help shape and mould clients’ unique histories to fit their next career goal.
This requires an analytical and critical thinker who can tie together often disparate layers of information by assessing it in the context of the bigger picture. It’s imperative that you can look at a problem from a variety of angles. A broad understanding of business concepts is also highly desirable. We market people – hence being highly tuned into the needs of the person doing the recruiting and the hiring manager – being able to put yourself in their shoes – is vital.
If you’re wired to build convincing arguments, and are often told that your talents have been wasted (i.e. you should have been a lawyer or a politician), this role will fit like a glove. The overarching context for this role is one of creating a successful outcome for the client – i.e. building the strongest business case that you can on their behalf. You need to love the idea of sculpting and moulding your client’s experience to suit their direction, overlaying and aligning who they are and what they do with their goal in order to secure buy in from the reader.
Those who work best in our culture love to learn and thrive in environments where they continuously push themselves to new heights. If you shriek at the sight of feedback – you will find our culture quite tough. We all provide feedback to one another – and are happy to receive it too! We genuinely care about our clients so won’t be afraid to say that something can be improved upon. And we want you to be OK with that too, so accountability, integrity and resilience are paramount. You must be an avid believer in there always being a better way, and importantly, willing to find it.
We love what we do. We’re a tightly knit and high performing team, and working with us you will do some of your best work. However it’s important to note that being a part of remote team is different to being part of a team where you see your colleagues day in and day out. There are no water cooler conversations and no office Ping-Pong table. Therefore, you MUST be fulfilled when you feel EMPOWERED to do your very BEST WORK. We’ve found that our top staff have a deep passion for their craft, and LOVE to work remotely so that they can focus on the work itself – because this is something that they revel in.
There will be opportunity to progress to consulting – i.e. leading and driving consultations as well as advising clients on strategy regarding their brand positioning.
- will only consider applicants with a HR, Talent Acquisition, Recruitment, Organisational Psychology, OR consulting experience;
- you’ve always been an “academic”, and proud of your ability to analyse and write about your subject; you will have an 2:1 or above in English Literature, Psychology or Arts based Degree;
- you can write using incredibly polished, intelligent “business” language; experience in writing business cases, proposals, and/or thought leadership articles is desirable;
- you’re a natural storyteller; with the power to connect disparate pieces of information to create compelling narratives;
- you understand transferable people competencies, skills and abilities, and can align experience/personal fit for specific jobs;
- you’re someone who can always “spin” an argument, and a passion for building cases that influence and convince;
- a broad understanding of business concepts and a capacity to comprehend the business challenges international executives face, – do you read HBR?
- Time management and discipline– if you’re always running out of time, please don’t apply. You must be able to commit to 2 business day turnarounds – non negotiable;
- a knack for research – able to pick out key concepts from a lot of information.
In your application, please include the following:
- cover letter – bearing in mind that we are a personal branding agency that produces cover letters for clients, we’d like to see how you would approach this task. Tell us why you’re interested in this opportunity, why we should hire you and what you can bring to the table.
- your resume / CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile.
As a part of the selection process, you will undertake a short trial.
Thank you for your application and we look forward to working with you!
How to Apply
To apply, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org@arielle.com.au