Job Category: Writing
Location: Work from anywhere (United States)
Headquartered in New York City, LittleThings is the leading lifestyle destination for inspiring, uplifting, and engaging stories. LittleThings is the only digitally native media property that scales positive content while influencing women across generations. Since its launch in September 2014, LittleThings has experienced explosive growth, becoming the 4th largest mobile site, 5th largest Facebook publisher, 7th ranked Lifestyles site, and 66th largest site in the U.S., with 49.7 million monthly readers and 13.6 million social fans. LittleThings was named the Fastest Growing News & Media site of 2015 and the Fastest Growing Women’s Interest Publisher. In addition to publishing the Top Facebook Post of 2015, LittleThings was rated as one of the Most Valuable Pages on the Web in Q4 2015.
Do you have a knack for knowing when a story or video is about to go viral? Do you know all the secret sites to check for breaking news? If youre a freelancer writer with at least two years of experience, with a firm grasp on the lifecycle of viral content, we want to talk to you! We are a site dedicated to upbeat, uplifting content, and we are well versed in creating the type of stuff your friends and relatives share on Facebook.
We are looking for experienced and enthusiastic freelance writers to contribute to LittleThings.com on a rolling basis. Writers/curators will submit pitches and content to the Senior Editor, focusing on generating fresh content for our broad audience with unmistakable share appeal.
- Pitch trending and pre-viral content that will resonate with the LittleThings.com audience
- Provide multiple headline options written in the LittleThings.com voice
- Write content in quick turnaround time
- Freelancers operate on a rolling basis (no maximum or minimum quotas!)
- A genuine love and talent for all things shareable
- The idea of curating/creating and circulating a piece of content that makes it around the country in record time gives you goosebumps
- Obsessive attention to detail and grammar
- Prior experience using WordPress
- Takes initiative and thrives under autonomy
- Uncanny ability to adapt to a new voice. We have a broad audience and we know it well well need you to embrace our voice and keep it appealing
- Knack for keeping it fresh we put a lot of pieces out there and this is part of the challenge, and the fun
If interested, please submit a resume, a short writing sample, and links to two pre-viral or hidden gem videos you think we should see. Try your hand at writing clickable headlines for the two pieces you submit! We want to see you knack for making awesome videos go viral.
How to Apply
Click Here to Apply