$10 / hour.
Transcribe and caption various video and/or audio files.
Location: Virtual, Anywhere in the U.S. (Home-based)
Hours: Part-Time. Flexible hours up to 35 hours per week (as needed)
Skills/Qualifications/Keywords: Captioning, Transcription, Video Transcription, Audio Transcription, Editing, Research, Grammar, Recognized Various Accents, Good Eye-Hand Coordination, Team Work, Time Management, Typing Skills, Action Oriented/Tenacity, Dealing with Ambiguity, Compassion, Customer Focus, Ethics and Values, Functional and Technical Skills, Informing, Integrity and Trust, Listening, Priority Setting, Problem Solving.
- Transcribe all spoken words, include notes and symbols for related background music, sound effects, or visuals
- Transcribe an hour video within four hours with a minimum accuracy rating of 97.5%
- Internet research as needed to verify correct spelling of people’s names, places, and terminology
- Generate a style sheet after review and edit of the transcript
- Available to transcribe at least two hours of video per week
- Ability to learn customized computer systems and handle special projects as needed
- Work well with other team members
- Associate Degree in Computer Information Technology, Graphic Arts, Technical Writing, or Journalism preferred or equivalent experience
- Typing speed of 70-90 WPM
- Video/audio transcription skills preferred
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills (2010 or higher)
- Excellent command of English and grammar
- Good recognition of English spoken by non-native speakers
- Comfortable listening to a variety of accents and audio quality issues
- Possess good eye-hand coordination skills
- Ability to synchronize transcript with video/audio recordings
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
How To ApplyClick Here to Apply