ProWritingAid is a bootstrapped, profitable company with over 100% YoY growth and nearly a million users. We’re at the forefront of exploration and innovation within the field of natural language processing. Our users vary from professional writers to international students, and our software helps anyone who wants to write better. We’re an equal-opportunity employer genuinely committed to building a diverse team, and to fostering the type of inclusive environment in which diversity thrives.
This Video Content Creator will work with the Head of Marketing to develop and execute an online video strategy around the concepts and techniques of good writing, as well as the specific ways that the ProWritingAid app can help improve writing.
The primary goal of this position is to make writing skills and techniques easy for our users to understand and implement into their writing.
* Produce and develop dynamic multi-media content (video, stills, audio, gifs, etc) for ProWritingAid’s youtube channel, social media sites, email marketing and website.
* Contribute to the creation of a digital content strategy, and guide the creation of content from conception to distribution.
* Work with in-house team of writers to develop scripts/storyboards around a variety of writing subjects (adverbs, passive voice, etc).
* Ensure all content is on-brand and consistent with ProWritingAid’s friendly, knowledgeable and accessible style and tone of voice.
* Help grow the ProWritingAid’s digital footprint, build ProWritingAid’s authority as a global writing expert, and increase engagement with online visitors.
* Manage the recording and production of ProWritingAid’s live webinar series.
* Collaborate with the marketing team and other team members to create collaborative ideas and content.
* Must love language and writing, with a knowledge of grammar and writing techniques.
* Bachelor’s degree in Design/Media Arts, film, Video Journalism or relevant field; creative digital content production experience preferred.
* Experience in video production, social media strategy and project management.
* Passion for digital-age storytelling
* Experience with online platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Sprout Social, Google Arts &
Culture, WordPress, etc.
* Engaged user of social media, digital content consumer, and avid podcast listener.
* Ability to take a project from concept to finish.
* Excellent teamwork and communication skills. Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to work both independently and as part of a team.
Where are we located?
Everywhere! We are a 100% remote team so you can work from the comfort of home, your favorite coffee shop, or anywhere else that makes you happy and productive. With members in more than 10 countries around the world, together, we’re on a mission to empower people to share ideas, stories, and knowledge.
Hours of work
We can offer 20-30 hours of freelance work each week at $15/hour
How to apply
To apply please submit a cover letter, resume and 3 samples of your digital video work to firstname.lastname@example.org