Bilingual, Spanish, Translation
To be discussed.
We are currently looking for freelance translators, who can translate and localize travel and hospitality-related texts from English into Spanish (Mexican localization) for our website. Our website attracts millions of unique visitors each month, from both the leisure and the business markets worldwide.
You will be required to take an unpaid translation test of around 300 words, as is standard in the freelance translation industry. This test is aimed at assessing your translation capabilities in the target language and will not be used for our website.
*Please note that if you are currently employed by Booking.com, you are not eligible to work as a freelance translator at the same time.
* Fluent level of Spanish (Mexican localization)
* Able and willing to translate a minimum of 5.000 words per week
* High level of English
* Experience in translating texts from English into Spanish (Mexican localization)
* Experience in using CAT tools
* Uninterrupted internet access
* Able to apply received feedback
* Willingness to take an unpaid translation test of around 300 words. Your test translation will not be used on our website
* Proof of self-employment and/or all required tax documentation – precedence will be given to candidates who are available immediately and able to provide proof of self-employment and/or tax documentation within 48 hours***
* Experience in translating and localization of texts in such fields as: Hotel, Restaurant, Destination and
* Regional Content, Travel, Marketing and Advertising, and Website
* Experience in creative and commercial copy-writing (guides, brochures, inspirational materials) is a plus
* Reliable, independent, professional, detail and quality-oriented, with excellent communication skills
***Please note that if you are a resident of the European Union or the Netherlands, we strongly advise that you acquaint yourself with the tax law requirements for freelance translators.
* Compensation of EUR 0.025 per word, with a sliding scale depending on the percentage of the translation memory match. Please note that these rates are fixed and non-negotiable.
* Prompt payment and self-billing invoicing
* Extensive translation resources
* Free translation system – no need to purchase additional software
* Comprehensive administrative and technical support
* Potential long-term cooperation
*A paid probation period to coach you in Booking.com’s writing style and to evaluate your translation potential
* Detailed feedback on the quality of your work
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply