Legal, Publishing, Research
To be discussed.
A leading global provider of print and media solutions, Quad/Graphics is powered by a passion for innovation and the most advanced platform in the industry. Our collaborative team of “can-do” people continually challenge the status quo, creating groundbreaking solutions that push the boundaries of communications.
Quad/Graphics Creative Solutions, a multichannel communications firm serving premier national and international B-to-C and B-to-B clients, seeks an experienced Text Permissioning Specialist. This is a remote position.
* Negotiating terms and conditions of contracts
* Reading and analyzing permission contracts
* Reading manuscripts and books to provide analysis to identify rightsholders content
* Determining project requirements
* Preparing permission requests
* Establishing time-scales and budgets
* Liaising closely with clients
* Undertaking relevant research of rightsholders and selections
* Keeping accurate and up-to-date records
* Working closely with other text permission specialists
* Keeping up-to-date with rules and regulations governing the use of text
* Attending meetings as requested
* Previous experience in educational publishing is highly desired, but not required.
* Above all, candidates will have excellent text knowledge and permissioning experience. Relevant work experience is essential.
Key skills for text researchers:
* Sound knowledge of text sources
* Ability to quickly locate appropriate information
* Expertise with Microsoft excel
* Ability to work calmly, methodically and quickly under deadline pressure
* Ability to communicate effectively with editors and others on changing needs
* Tenacious and determined when solving problems
* A firm understanding of copyright as it relates to text use
* A good eye for detail
* Diplomacy in dealing with a wide variety of individuals
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply