Job Category: Writing
Location: Work from anywhere (U.S.)
$25.00 – $43/hr., depending upon experience
Seeking a skilled writer to complement an existing Technical Marketing team! This opportunity is based out of Durham, NC, though client will consider remote candidates on a case-by-case basis. The initial contract length is 6 months, with the potential to transition into a permanent role. This is a flexible position, with client open to telecommuting, part-time, or piecework depending the candidate. Target W2 rate range is wide due to client being open to consider people who don’t have a technical background. $25.00 – $42.85/hr., depending upon experience. Local candidates strongly preferred. No relocation assistance, sponsorship, or C2C arrangements available.
As a Technical Writer, you will be responsible for editing and reviewing documents created by the team. This includes technical marketing collateral, best practices, FAQ’s and White Papers. You will help to educate and mentor the current team on writing with a common voice. An in-depth technical background is not required, but do need some understanding of technology and an interest in technical writing. If this sounds like a great fit for you, submit a resume and writing samples today!
Responsibilities of the Technical Writer:
- Edit and review technical documents and publications created by the Tech Marketing team
- Mentor and educate the team on writing with a common voice consistently across all marketing materials
- Collaborate with senior TME to complete testing and documentation
- Check the structure and content of documents for accuracy and validity
- Publish documents using the company’s Content Management System (CMS)
- Utilize IXIASOFT to review work
Qualifications of the Technical Writer:
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Technical Communication, or Media; or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of technical, marketing, media, or similar writing genres experience
- Ability to read, write and compose technical documents
- Familiarity with technical documentation including but not limited to:
- Deployment Considerations (Best Practices)
- White Papers
- Familiarity with publishing documents using content management systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in order to collaborate well with the current Technical Marketing team
- Must be highly detailed, organized and work well with deadlines
- Familiarity with infrastructure components (Hypervisor-Compute/Network/Storage, etc.)
- Knowledge of IXIASOFT and DITA XML architecture
- Experience in Technical Marketing a major plus
How To Apply
Click here to apply through our web site. You may also send a Word resume to Purwai Chaubey at email@example.com. To help ensure a timely response, include the reference code FJPC-5645 in the subject heading of your email message.
When looking for a job, have you ever heard the phrase… it is not about what you know, it is who you know?
At HireNetworks, it really is all about who we know.
Whether your current contract is coming to a close, you’re looking to advance your career or are a company on the hunt for new talent and wanting to expand…let HireNetworks put our networks to work for you.
HireNetworks is an equal opportunity employer.