To be discussed.
Mattermost, Inc. is the company behind the Mattermost open source project, a fast-growing workplace messaging solution used by thousands of companies. Our vision is a world more connected to what matters most, and our mission is to give every organization the power to achieve their highest priorities through modern communication.
We value high impact work, ownership, being proud of what we build and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you’ll learn more about working at Mattermost and come talk to us!
Here’s a brief video about what it’s like to work here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RpmrM-5UFY&t=4s
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Help unlock the potential of Mattermost software for thousands of companies around the world through clear, effective, customer-centric documentation and guides.
You’ll be building out vital materials ranging from installation and deployment guides for an array of Linux based servers, to guides for configuring our desktop, mobile, and web experiences.
On a daily basis, you’ll see your work used and appreciated by a global community.
* Translate high level instructions from developers or demonstrations into concise, clear, step-by-step documentation
* Work with developers and product managers to clearly document instructions, guides, overviews and explanatory material
* Support users and customers by FAQs, knowledge-base articles, and mini-articles
* Work effectively with both core team members and the open source community in developing documentation
* Minimum 2-5 years experience documenting the setup of software products
* Experience setting up and documenting Linux and/or Windows Server based-applications
* Ability to write in a voice that is concise, clear and easy-to-translate (a large portion of our community is international)
* Ability to speak simply about ideas others may find complex
* Comfort working remotely with ability to take occasional video conference meetings between 8:30am to 2pm California time (UTC-08) or 11:30am to 5pm Toronto time (UTC-05)
Nice to have
* Experience working in Git-based workflows or contributing documentation to open source projects
* Ability to work with developers to write and test API documentation, and working with code samples provided
* To apply, please share the application deliverables requested at the end of this job posting
* Candidates meeting qualifications are invited to a phone meeting with a recruiter to learn about your interests and background
* Qualified candidates are then asked to try following our documentation to install Mattermost on a server of their choice, to share feedback on the install guide in the next interview
* Candidates meet with a core committer of the open source project for an interview, and share feedback on their experience installing Mattermost
* Candidates passing the core committer interview are offered a paid simulation for a documentation assignment that will be deployed as part of the Mattermost open source project. Note: Simulations are paid in advance and completion is not required to receive payment.
* At the successful completion of the simulation, the process to check references is started and additional final interviews are scheduled
* After references are received and final interviews completed, qualified candidates receive a formal written offer
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply