$65,000 – $85,000, depending on experience
Alliances Management is an association management and consulting company with professionals located throughout the United States and satellite offices in Europe and Asia. We fulfill high-profile functions for international clients, including EMVCo and GlobalPlatform in the association space and eBay and Visa in the private sector. We have grown tenfold since our inception in 2006 because of our unwavering commitment to excellence. Our services include development of international programs, management of global events, financial management, and implementation of certification programs.
We are interested in hiring only candidates with extremely high standards and who believe that client satisfaction is not only essential in its own right, but also because it will bring long-term success to Alliances Management.
To learn more, visit www.alliancesmanagement.com.
Many of our clients operate in the payments industry, and they have a need for clearly written documentation to explain concepts to the right audiences. The right candidate for this role will have demonstrated success in technical writing for specifications and best practices documentation, as opposed to marketing writing, which involves translating these technical concepts into technically-oriented industry whitepapers. The right candidate will also have ample experience with technical editing.
The Technical Writer will be responsible for working directly with Alliances Management clients and their respective Working Groups and technical Committees. S/he will be customer-facing and be responsible for the following:
• Scoping and outlining requirements for various writing projects
• Writing technical Specifications, and revising them following Committee reviews
• Editing technical documents
• Managing and implementing templates
• Working directly with Working Groups and Committees to revise documentation
• Participating in client meetings as necessary
• Working with individuals across continents and time zones as necessary
The ideal candidate for the Technical Writer role should have the following qualifications:
• A minimum of five years’ experience writing & editing technical specifications and documentation
• Experience with standards bodies, consortia, or industry associations, preferably in the payments industry
• Knowledge of embedded secure elements and/or computer engineering will be helpful, with specific knowledge about EMVCo, FIDO, and GlobalPlatform technology being a bonus
• Dozens to hundreds of published, large-scale technical documents
• Superlative control of English grammar and attention to detail
• Proven history of being able to work on multiple projects and execute to tight deadlines
• Exceptional references from similar professional environment(s)
• Bachelors or equivalent in relevant field
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a resume and a customized introductory letter (which we really do read) to email@example.com@alliancesmanagement.com