$10 per hour.
Hello Future Virtual Assistant!
Here’s the deal… we need a virtual assistant to help us with tasks to keep our biz running smoothly and so everyone else can concentrate on their superpowers. We currently have 10 people on our team and we need someone who can help with basic tasks like research, following SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures), basic admin stuff, and perhaps some social media scheduling.
We are a small but growing digital agency doing business as Never North Labs (but we are currently rebranding and changing names). We help entrepreneurs level up their businesses and increase revenue through branding, design, and marketing. Last year, we fired all our clients except one and decided to restructure the business to play to our strengths and productize our services.
We need someone that’s willing to come on at an entry level position with room to grow. It’s not an easy place to be. You’ll be expected to work hard and be learning all the time. Everyone here is working just slightly outside their comfort zone, which can be overwhelming at times. But if you are someone who is passionate about creating an impact, driven to help build something you are proud of, and committed to working together with others to get a job well done, then this is probley a great place for you to be. Especially, if you love memes as we’re often posting them in our Asana and Slack Channels! 😀
If you’re up for the challenge and this is something you’d like to consider, please read the entire ad below and follow the instructions at the bottom of this ad to apply or your application will be rejected.
The Mission of our Virtual Assistant –
We need someone to help our project and operations manager with tasks as well as help research and write descriptions and instructions for our illustrator team.
Here are a few samples of the things we need:
- Research ideas for icons. i.e.: We’re currently illustrating over 200 famous people. You’d be required to research and write short descriptions so the illustrators have the information they need to create them.
- Other research for projects our team needs.
- Help us schedule social media posts.
- Input content into wordpress and format wordpress posts.
- Help research travel stuff like finding flights, hotels, and making travel arrangements.
- Do any admin tasks our Project Manager or COO would need. As we grow and develop you’ll be able increase your role and responsibilities.
Why working for us is awesome:
At Never North Labs we strongly believe in our mission to never have a real job. If you love doing it, it’s not really a job. So, we want to learn about who would absolutely enjoy coming to work every day to contribute, create, and grow with us! We want to offer careers that people can transform into callings.
Our culture is defined by the amazing people who work here at Never North Labs. You’ll get a chance to work on challenging problems with really smart and talented people. We focus on doing extremely high-caliber work. The best of the best. We intend to grow quickly, which means there are opportunities everywhere. We want you to find something that interests you and own it. You’ll have the creative freedom in this role to make a real difference. It’s just as important that we find the right person for this role as we are the right fit for you and the life you want to live. The secret word to include in the subject line to apply for this role is: ‘Unicorn Bubbles.’ If you do not put this phrase in the subject line your application will be rejected.
At NNL, you’re encouraged to experiment, take risks, and push the envelope. And if you make a mistake? That’s cool. Learn from it and share your experience with the team. We expect you to learn and grow and we’ll provide you with the resources to make that happen.
But here’s some great bullet points about what makes working for us so freakin’ awesome:
- Autonomy and Freedom. We created this business because of our need for freedom and control over our lives. We believe everyone on our team deserves work/life balance, autonomy, purpose, and results.
- Contribute something meaningful to the world. We produce a very high-caliber product for our clients and thus are extremely selective with who we work with. Our work has been known to help businesses 4x their revenues! The boost that provides a growing business is an incredible feeling. You’re helping them increase their impact and help more people! Therefore, we choose to use our team’s superpowers to do work for good people with meaningful businesses. This is how together, as a team, we can make the world a better place to be.
- Set your own hours. We don’t have set working hours. Instead you set your own hours based on what works for you and our clients. You’ll need to be committed (part to full-time) but you can set your own hours, and work around children or other commitments.
- Work Remotely. As long as you have a strong internet connection we don’t care where you work in the world. We encourage the freedom you have to move around and do whatever you want, wherever you want, as long as you perform your job.
- We’re fun. And awesome. Fact. Just take a look at our employee guide to get a glimpse of who we are and what we act like. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxxJhGQwqNlVQ29PeXdOejE5VEE/view?usp=sharing
- We’re professionals, but we hate professionalism. There’s a difference – Read our employee guide in the above bullet point for more reference. If you’re afraid of cuss words, memes, or internet humor, we prolly won’t be the right fit.
- Results based. You will not be micro-managed. We base performance on your results. You have the flexibility to work however you like.
- We believe in building systems and teams that scale. We do everything we can to create an environment where teams are autonomous and where’s there’s space to master not just what you’re already pretty good at, but also new topics. We want purpose to drive the decisions we make, so we encourage everyone to focus on the ‘why’ behind what we do, not just the how, and the what.
- High Impact Decision-making. You’ll be responsible for making important and high-impact decisions. You will be coached and guided as part of our team, but you will be free to work how you see fit and get things done the way you think they should be done.
- Get to use your brain and imagination. You will play a key role in steering the company forward. You’ll be expected to be part of any strategic business discussions to help tackle larger decisions and opportunities for NNL and it’s future. If you just want to do the bare minimum and follow a set of rules blindly without thought, we’re not for you.
- We believe the best investment we can make is investing in you. We strongly encourage you to spend part of your time learning and honing your skills in different and relevant areas. You’ll have access to books, courses, and training paid for by NNL. We help and support each other improve and grow and are always interested in how we can do things better or more efficiently.
How to Apply
Please note, our application process is different than most. To give you an idea of what to expect, we’ve outlined our process below.
If you are not willing to go through the following process, do not apply.
- Apply by creating a cover letter with a shortlist of your accomplishments that relate directly to the responsibilities listed in this job ad. We don’t really care about your resume. Also, include a short video explaining why this is a dream job for you, what excites you most about it, and show us the office where you normally work.
- Successful Applications will move to a quick 15-minute call to ensure if we are a right fit for each other.
- Successful applications will move to a longer interview that walks chronologically through your career using 5 questions for each job.
- Successful Interviews will move to a Reference Check – We will be calling several references that are talked about in your history. You will be required to set-up the reference calls.
- Successful Reference Checks will move to a Trial Run or be hired – We will pay you to complete a trial task to make sure we’re a good fit. Once you have completed that task we will make a final decision and hit the ground running!
Send a half page cover letter going over any accomplishments in your career that relate directly to the responsibilities and outcomes listed in this job ad to email@example.com. Don’t forget the secret subject line! 😉 We don’t really care about your resume, but you can send one if you like. You’ll also need to include a short video answering the following questions. (You can upload the video to dropbox, google drive, youtube, or vimeo and send us the link. Make sure to set the permissions correctly so we can view it!)
Questions to answer in your intro video:
1. Introduce yourself and tell us something awesome about yourself. 🙂
2. Why is this a dream job for you? What excites you most about our job ad?
3. What experience or skillsets do you have that you think make you the ideal choice for us?
4. What are you passionate about?
5. Show us the office where you normally work.
We look forward to meeting you!