The primary responsibility of this remote role is for the Student Support Coordinator to provide part-time evening and weekend outreach to students through effective phone outreach to ultimately promote student persistence. This outreach may include setting appointments between the student and their Student Support Specialist and communicating registration and payment deadlines, as well as following up on missing documents to assist students in avoiding any obstacles as they approach their next term. This role requires communicating with the student in an effective manner, setting appointments, relaying any potential scenarios to the Student Support Specialist that may place a student at risk of persisting. The Student Support Coordinator is responsible for representing the University or College brand and providing students with the institutional information they need to progress forward into each term. This includes providing reminders on timelines to complete necessary tasks or requirements to maintain their registration for upcoming terms, and encouraging students to set up phone appointments to connect with their Student Support Specialist.
* Part-time, evening and weekend, outgoing calls to assist in the support and persistence of students during their program of study.
* Follow established communication plan guidelines and protocols.
* Communicate deadlines for tasks and requirements for seamless registration into future terms.
* Provide encouragement and assistance in scheduling appointments with their Student Support Specialist who can aide them through any challenges they may face.
* Communicate risk factors uncovered during conversations with students to their Student Support Specialist.
* Timely response to Student Support Specialist inquiries related to your communication with a student – respond before the beginning of the following work day.
* Completes all tasks as defined in the timelines assigned.
* Meet minimum KPIs for call activity and quality.
* Proactively contact students by telephone, email and other methods to effectively support student persistence.
* Maintain accurate and complete student enrollment records as required by university governance and all laws, policies and administrative regulations and policies, to include keeping accurate information in the CRM.
* Provide evening outreach toward re-engagement initiatives to bring inactive students back into the program.
* Escalate student retention concerns to Student Support Specialist and manager attention.
* Facilitate student requests for assistance by effectively communicating student feedback to the Student Support Specialist.
* Attend all required internal and external professional meetings, telephone conferences and training workshops to maintain and improve competence.
* Using communication tools and protocol, share relevant information with other key stakeholders.
* Other duties as assigned
* 4-year degree from an accredited institution in Marketing or equivalent discipline OR appropriate combination of experience and education
* 1 year previous Higher Education Administration or Student Services work experience desired
* 2 years previous customer service experience in a high volume corporate or call center environment desired
* Professional oral, written and communication skills for effective contact and presentation with stakeholders
* Strong analytical skills, with a track record of developing actionable recommendations from quantitative data
* Proficient with Microsoft Office particularly Excel
* Great attention to detail, excellent organizational & project management skills
* The ability to multi-task, and work well under pressure with tight timelines
* Experience in the higher education industry preferred