Job Category: Editing
Location: Work from anywhere (Global)
- Potential to earn USD 1200 to 3000 per month (based on regular availability) editing jobs online
- Additional fees of up to 20%
- No need to relocate. As this is a freelance opportunity, we invite applicants from all across the world.
- Flexibility to determine your schedule and work hours
Cactus Communications employs a global team of highly skilled editors who are experts in various academic fields. We’re currently looking for specialist contractual copyeditors and substantive editors.
What you will do
- Edit manuscripts such that the final text is in standard scientific English and is free of unclear or unidiomatic sentences
- Adhere to job-specific instructions and format manuscripts according to the target journal when required
- Ensure that all subject-specific conventions are followed
- A PhD/Masters/Bachelors degree or expertise in one or more specialized subject areas within the detailed subject area lists given below
- Excellent English editing skill and attention to detail (prior editing experience would be great)
Cactus Communications has international subsidiaries and offers editing, translation, medical writing, and other services to researchers, academic journals, and organizations worldwide. We serve more than 60,000 clients across 116 countries and have extensive experience engaging our global community of 800+ freelancers.
Detailed subject-area list
- Physics: Acoustics and ultrasonics, Applied physics, Astronomy and astrophysics, Atomic and molecular physics, Condensed matter physics, High-energy and particle physics, Lasers, Linear physics, Magnetism, Medical physics, Nonlinear physics, Nuclear physics, Optics, Other – Physics, Plasma, Quantum physics, Radiation, Solid-state physics, Statistical and mathematical physics, Theoretical physics, Photonics, Imaging physics, Photovoltaics, Spintronics and plasmonics
- Optics: Atmospheric and oceanic optics, Atomic/Molecular physics, Coherence and statistical optics, Detectors, Diffraction and gratings, Fiber optics and optical communications, Fourier optics and signal processing, General optics, Geometric optics, Holography, Image processing, Imaging systems, Instrumentation, measurement, and metrology, Integrated optics, Lasers and laser optics, Machine vision, Materials, Medical optics and biotechnology, Microscopy, Nonlinear optics, Optical data storage, Optical design and fabrication, Optical devices, Optics at surfaces, Optics in computing, Optoelectronics, Other areas of optics, Physical optics, Quantum optics, Remote sensing and sensors, Scattering, Spectroscopy, Thin films, Ultrafast optics, Vision, color, and visual optics, X-ray optics
- Engineering and Technology: Aeronautical engineering, Automobile engineering, Biomedical engineering, Civil and structural engineering, Control and systems engineering, Industrial and manufacturing engineering, Marine engineering, Mechanical engineering, Other – Engineering and technology, Robotics.
- Electronics and Electrical: Electric circuits and components, Electronics and electrical engineering, Sensors, Signal processing, Telecommunications, Wireless communication.
- Chemistry: Analytical chemistry, Applied chemistry, Catalysis, Chemical engineering, Colloid and surface chemistry, Computational chemistry, Electrochemistry, Food chemistry, Inorganic chemistry, Macromolecular and materials chemistry, Nanochemistry, Organic chemistry, Other – Chemistry, Nuclear chemistry, Photochemistry, Physical chemistry, Polymer chemistry, Structural chemistry, Supramolecular chemistry, Theoretical chemistry.
- Materials Science: Ceramics and composites, Electrode materials, Electronic, optical, and magnetic materials, Fibers and glass, Material synthesis and processes, Materials engineering, Materials physics, Materials science, Metallurgy, Metallurgy, metals, and alloys, Nanofabrication, Nanotechnology, Other – Materials science.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply
Please note that we are currently not hiring from the State of New York. You could email us your resumes at email@example.com, and we will let you know if there are any suitable openings in the future.