Spanish, Language, Testing, Technical communication
To be discussed.
EOE STATEMENT ALTA is an equal employment opportunity employer.
It is the policy of ALTA not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of ALTA to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.
Employees and applicants of ALTA will not be subject to harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
ALTA has more than 35 years of experience providing language and cultural solutions to businesses, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations. Founded in 1980 as a language training company, we quickly expanded our offerings to include translation, language testing, interpretation and medical interpretation training. With that, our client base expanded nationwide and we adopted the name ‘ALTA Language Services’ in 1997. Employee-owned since 2011 and headquartered in Atlanta, ALTA has built strong relationships with language professionals worldwide. We are dedicated to providing quality service with a superior client experience.
Our team of language service professionals share a common set of values, which we put into action every day, providing our clients with exceptional service and a commitment to achieving their language goals:
Integrity: We are leaders in an industry based on trust, and we develop trust by acting with integrity.
Expertise: We are committed to the acquisition and application of expertise in language, technology, and culture.
Meaningful Connections: We believe in the value of making meaningful connections across cultures.
Exceptional Service: We strive to go Beyond Words in providing support to our clients and to each other.
Innovation: We are committed to creating and delivering value in the form of new language solutions.
Our purpose is to help our clients communicate across barriers in language and culture. Whether an organization is expanding internationally, reaching out to a multilingual population here at home, or just starting to plan a language strategy, we go beyond words to provide the best language solutions.
About the Job
The Testing Evaluator position is a remote, on demand, part-time position. The Testing Evaluator assists with testing for language proficiency examinations, interacting with the examinee in the evaluator’s native language. Support for proficiency tests may be by telephone or another technology-based medium (recorded audio etc.). The tests will be evaluated according to given scoring criteria; therefore, paid training is conducted before starting the job. Testing evaluators must be able to accept and use the required scoring procedure and maintain consistent and reliable scoring throughout their employment. They must also be willing to operate in a repetitive task situation and maintain confidentiality.
* Perform the test in a professional manner
* Follow the process to perform the tasks
* Adhere to the guidelines to score the tests
* Enter the data on the testing platform in a timely manner
* Provide comments and concerns to the testing department
* Perform pilot tests
* Create and review test items
* Perform other similar duties requested by the Operations and Development Testing department
* Strong oral and written communication skills in the Spanish language
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Technical communication
* Must have email access with the capability to send and receive attached files, and must be able to navigate the Internet
* Computer literacy
* Language: Candidates must possess Spanish native fluency.
* Degree: College Degree.
* Computer Knowledge: Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
* Language for non-English native-speakers: A minimum English proficiency level of a 2+/2+ on the ILR proficiency scale.
* Language for English native speakers: knowledge of a second language is preferred.
* Any combination of training and experience which provides required knowledge, skills and ability to perform the duties of the position.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply