Nearpod is an award-winning educational technology company that empowers teachers to create engaging and inspiring learning experiences for students by combining access to digital lessons, interactive features (see our Virtual Field Trips and 3D objects initiatives) and real-time assessments. Nearpod has become a leader – and teacher favorite – in teaching and learning.
Since its launch in 2012, Nearpod has seen wide adoption in the K-12 market; In 2017, teachers from over 60% of U.S. school districts, taught over 2.3 million Nearpod lessons reaching students over 50 million times and engaging them over 250 million times in formative assessment interactions. We have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fortune and local newschannels across the country.
Nearpod is headquartered in Miami, Florida and is backed by notable investors that include: Insight Venture Partners, Reach Capital, Storm Ventures, the Stanford StartX Fund, the Knight Enterprise Fund, Arsenal Ventures, Marc Benioff (the CEO of Salesforce) and Scott Cook (founder and Chairman of Intuit) and his wife, Signe Ostby.
Nearpod is seeking an energetic, intrinsically motivated person to write and edit social studies content for our Historical Perspectives & Literacy program, a supplemental curriculum designed for grades 6-12. The ideal candidate will have experience as an educator for high school social studies, and will be familiar with learning strategies like primary source analysis and guided inquiry. The candidate should be able to design lessons that guide students in their understanding of history by levering multiple representations and voices throughout history. Although this is a contract-based role, candidate should demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively within and across teams and juggle multiple results-oriented initiatives under tight turnarounds.
In order to complete your application, we ask that you please submit a full-lesson demo on a foundational 9-12 social studies topic.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Write creative and engaging social studies content for grades 6-12
* Edit, adapt, and optimize social studies curricula for digital delivery
* Understand and skillfully interpret CCSS and other state standards
* Tailor content to appropriate grade levels for grades 6-12
Required Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor’s Degree or higher
* Available to work 25 hours a week minimum
* Experience writing/developing social studies curricula
* Required: Work experience designing social studies lessons
* Required: Work experience in education
* Highly organized, detail oriented, wordsmith
* Ability to level content to any grade level within the 6-12 bracket
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet deadlines
* Demonstrated qualities: proactive, problem-solving, self-starter
* Working knowledge of Google Docs, Google Drive, editorial tools
* Passion for technology and improving education through technology
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills