Job Category: Editor
Location: Work from anywhere (Global)
More information about this job:
Seeking a Social Media Editor (Contractor) to cover our social platforms overnight (10pm – 7am ET). She/he will be responsible for building Fusion’s social media presence on Facebook and Twitter (as well as seeking out new opportunities for social growth across other platforms). The Social Media Editor will also be working remotely.
The social media editor will be responsible for helping lead our real-time social coverage of breaking news and trending topics, planning for and executing live streams, and working directly with our social media team to leverage all social platforms for increased social traffic and engagement. Other responsibilities may include tracking social media analytics, live tweeting, and some light design and video work. Ideally, this editor should have 3-5 years experience working in the social media and/or digital media space.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in social media or journalism
- Passion for social media and news
- Understanding of the Fusion voice/brand
- Verify and obtain rights to UGC
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Excellent work ethic
- BA or equivalent experience in journalism, publishing, media studies, English or related field
- Availability/willingness to work from 10pm-7am ET Monday through Friday
- Please include a resume, cover letter outlining your experience, and links to any relevant social media accounts.
- Applications must include a cover letter to be considered.
How To ApplyClick Here to Apply