SEO, Marketing, Email marketing
Quimbee is an online legal-education platform dedicated to helping law students and attorneys achieve academic and professional success. We’re looking for an experienced search-engine optimization specialist to take our search and content-marketing game to the next level. In this role, you’ll be responsible for technically optimizing Quimbee’s webpages in accordance with the latest best practices, setting objectives and benchmarks for key-term search placement and visibility, vigorously monitoring and reporting on Quimbee’s search-related KPIs, and helping guide Quimbee’s inbound-content strategy to maximize search placement. Quimbee is committed to continuing to be an all-digital study aid, which means that this is a position of great trust and responsibility. You will be charged with helping ensure that prospective subscribers can find Quimbee when they need us the most, and we can’t fulfill our mission unless you succeed.
What You’ll Do
* Regularly audit and optimize Quimbee’s existing webpages
* Advise on SEO best practices during the creation of all new webpages
* Work with tech, content, and marketing teams to help implement SEO best practices
* Participate in our objective-setting process, selecting key words and search-placement goals
* Carefully monitor and report on Quimbee’s search placement for chosen key words, as well as our performance relative to our peers
* Conduct keyword research and help guide our inbound-content strategy
* Maintain expertise in SEO best practices for Google and other search providers
* Monitor backlinks and take lead in crafting our backlink-acquisition strategy
Who You Are
* An absolute fanatic about all things search: You’re passionate SEO optimization. You eat, breathe, and sleep SEO. You stay abreast on the latest news and best practices in search. Did you hear about the latest updates to Google’s algorithm? Of course you did.
* An excellent communicator: You communicate clearly, effectively, and politely with your teammates. In fact, you believe in “overcommunicating,” because you understand that lack of communication is the root cause of a dysfunctional team.
* A detail-oriented, tech-savvy, self-starter: You’re comfortable with technology generally and eager to learn. You’re
disciplined and motivated, the kind of person who doesn’t need someone looking over your shoulder to make sure you’re doing your job.
* A fun person: You don’t lose your cool. You bring out the best in the people around you. You don’t take yourself too seriously. You can make and take a joke.
* Bachelor’s degree from a U.S. News top 50 national or liberal arts university or college
* 5+ years experience in email marketing SEO optimization
* Comfort using Google Analytics, SEMRush, Ahrefs, and other SEO tools
* Strong working knowledge of SEO best practices
* Deep experience with guiding content strategy to maximize SEO returns
* HTML5, CSS, and Java proficiency
* Excellent analytical chops and a knack for distilling actionable insights from large volumes of data
* U.S. citizen or permanent resident
* Join a small team who loves what they do.
* Work from home.
* A competitive salary.
* Healthcare coverage (including dental) for you and your family.
* Untracked paid time off and sick leave.
* 401(k) with 3% company matching.