$4,000 per month
This person will be a key member of the marketing and communications team focused on crafting empowering and informational copy primarily for the alternative health space. This role will become ongoing freelance or full-time for the right candidate.
This is a 50/50 split of Copywriting and Copy Editing, so we are looking for a special person who has skills in both.
Here’s a breakdown of the day-to-day:
- Research and evaluate scientific and medical literature to support content efforts
- Develop natural health-related content primarily for an alternative, health-conscious audience (from articles and newsletters to landing pages and email sequences)
- Ensure all content is FDA compliant, on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for social promotion
- Proofread and review all print and electronic content for accurate use of grammar and style, content integrity, and consistency
- Serve as a fact checker for all materials including web links, names, titles, scientific support, copyright information, etc.
- Help the team establish and update editorial policies and procedures
- Use advanced functions of many software and web applications, particularly Google applications, MicrosoftOffice suite, and Adobe Acrobat, for the quality review and electronic formatting, compiling, and publishing of deliverables
And a little about us…
We are virtual team of very high performing and overachieving individuals who love what we do. We are making a difference in people’s lives and are looking for the top 3% to join us – someone who can juggle many things (without dropping one of them) and who loves creating and building things, takes initiative, works well within a team and wants to excel. We need someone who is thorough, Type A, self-managed and who thrives on output, results, organization and excellence.
Our ideal fit is both creative and technical and…
- Is a grammar whiz and has a background in journalism or marketing
- Has 3-5 years of experience as a professional proofreader or copy editor
- Loves to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Embraces scientific and medical research and can synthesize it into practical and relevant content for a progressive and health-savvy audience
- Has prior experience editing both technical and informational communications with keen attention to detail
How to Apply
If interested, email your resume, 2-3 relevant writing samples that showcase your best work, and a cover letter in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please answer the following questions in bullet points:
- Show and tell us about specific career and/or education accomplishments that make you uniquely qualified for this role.
- In what capacity, and to what degree, is your experience in copywriting and copy editing? Please be specific.
- How can we be confident that you are able to successfully work from home, in a self-managed role?
- Tell us about your goals (long and short-term) as well as your ideal situation, hours and monthly rate.
- What is your interest in health and the alternative health space?
- What online tools do you use regularly?
- Is there anything else you would like to tell us about yourself or your candidacy for this role? Feel free to provide links to your other published works. (optional)