$600 per tutoring assignment.
This flexible, part-time position helping pre-college students will allow you the opportunity to earn additional income and to work from home up to 50% of your total hours. Our part-time SAT tutors earn competitive compensation and are able to tutor while in school or in addition to a separate employment position.
As a Premier Tutor, you will work one-on-one using Kaplan’s proven curriculum to help your students achieve their highest potential test scores. We are seeking caring individuals who relate well with students and families, and who can work independently. Private tutors have the opportunity to specialize in either the math or verbal areas of the SAT, and may also tutor particular SAT subject tests such as math, chemistry, history, or literature. Because lessons are conducted in students’ homes, tutors must have access to reliable transportation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an industry-leading company and to really make a difference in the lives of your students!
DELIVERY OF INSTRUCTION:
- High energy level and ability to engage high school students
- Compassionate attitude
- Ability to learn Kaplan Test Preps methodology and strategies quickly
- Receive and respond to ongoing training, development, and constructive feedback
- Mentoring skills to help students of all levels to achieve their highest scores on ‘test day’
- Respond to student related issues as they arise
- Partner with our service and academics support staff to ensure student needs are met
SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTISE:
- Minimum 90th percentile score on the SAT/ACT
- Learn and retain knowledge related to all aspects of the SAT/ACT including knowledge of test format, dates offered, test enrollment process, and admissions timeline
Desired Skills and Expertise
- BA/BS preferred
- Minimum 90th percentile score on SAT/ACT, or 80th percentile on the GRE, GMAT, or DAT
- Previous acting/training/teaching/tutoring experience preferred
- Evening and weekend availability required
- Reliable transportation
- Earn ~$600 per tutoring assignment
- Performance-based raises
- Corporate employee discounts
- Kaplan Gift of Knowledge Program (opportunity to personally enroll in or gift a Kaplan Prep course)
- Ability to transfer position location in the event of a move
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply