Sales, Customer Service
This is a remote, independent contractor role that provides personalized customer service through phone, email and/or live chat support. Identifies and resolves problems, as well as provides a consultative sales approach regarding various options to guide callers to the right solutions for their individual needs. Works in a fast-paced, work-at-home, customer-service environment.
* Practicing excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Providing top-notch customer service skills while guiding callers to the right solutions for their specific needs.
* Having a positive attitude; being flexible and adaptable to change.
* Researching, navigating and independently locating answers from webpages and resources in a variety of situations.
* Communicating effectively, based on a customer’s mindset.
* Exercising strong, multitasking skills while navigating through multiple websites and making themselves available for incoming calls.
* Demonstrating a sincere desire to assist customers and put their needs first.
Education and Experience:
* At least 1 to 2 years of experience in a high-volume, customer-service role (i.e. call center, retail or similar environment).
* Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical skill or knowledge. Familiarity with operating systems, including Windows OS versions and/or Mac OS versions. Ability to install and uninstall applications. Ability to download products and applications using various browsers.
* Technical Skills: Proficient data-entry skills. Ability to achieve a “meets expectations” rating or higher on scorecard.
* Problem-solving/Analysis: Ability to solve problems through systematic analysis of processes with sound judgment. Have a realistic understanding of relevant issues.
* Organizational Skills: Ability to organize people or tasks, adjust to priorities and learn systems— within time constraints, and with available resources. Must be detail-oriented.
* Multi-tasking/Time Management: Prioritize and manage actions to meet changing deadlines and requirements within a high volume.
* Information Management: Ability to manage large amounts of complex information easily, communicate clearly and draw sound conclusions.
* Independent Thinking/Self-initiative: Critical thinker with ability to focus on things that matter most to achieve outcomes. Commitment to produce outcomes without direction and capable of finding necessary resources.
* Empathy/Customer Service: Customer-focused behavior, exhibiting a helping approach that includes listening, patience, respect and empathy for another’s position.
* Coping/Flexibility: Resiliency in adapting to a variety of situations and individuals while maintaining a sense of purpose and mature problem-solving approach are required.
* Computer Literacy: Ability to function in a multisystem Microsoft environment—using Word, Outlook, intranet, the internet and software applications.
* Communication/People Skills: Ability to influence or persuade others under positive or negative circumstances. Adapt to different styles, listen critically and collaborate
* Commitment to Task: Ability to conform to established policies and procedures. Exhibit high motivation.
* Quality Orientation: Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small. Shows concern for all aspects of the job. Motivated toward constantly improving. Sets high standards for self-performance. Takes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.