Job Category: Editing, Writing, Consulting
Location: Work from anywhere (U.S., Canada)
- Salary range (US): $20-25/hour, depends on level of resume editing expertise
- Salary range (CDN): $25-30/hour, depends on level of resume editing expertise
Right Management, Global Career Experts
Right Management (www.Right.com) is a global leader in talent and career management workforce solutions within Manpower Group. Right Management designs and delivers solutions to align talent strategy with business strategy. Our expertise, services and projects span five broad categories:
- Talent Assessment
- Leader Development
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Employee Engagement
- Workforce Transition and Outplacement
- A “Resume Specialist” provides resume development, editing services and coaching to employees, (candidates/users), who are making a career transition. The service can be by email or live web-based resume coaching and are paid by the employee’s company.
- “Home-Based” means that these services are provided to the candidate wherever they are utilizing internet based applications, phone, mail, email and interactive group consulting webinars.
- Requires a College Degree and 5+ years business experience in corporate, non-profit, government or academia environments
- Work is available during normal business hours
Home Based Consulting has numerous “protocols” to ensure that candidates are delivered a high quality service.
Below are just a few of the protocols that must be followed to ensure quality service:
- Strict protocols on how often you must contact the candidate throughout her/his service.
- Documenting significant emails and interactions you have with/about a candidate in RightTrack®.
- Maintaining a detailed tracking log of status of candidates.Responsibilities
Home Based Resume Consulting is “High Tech”, “High Touch” and “High Quality”.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Office 2010 or newer version);
- Word – intermediate competencies to manipulate word documents including intermediate editing commands, i.e. Keyboard Shortcuts, Auto Correct. Word macros not required, but helpful. Ability to share basic software competencies with candidates who need help.
- Excel – ability to perform key formulas, sorting and pivot tables to manipulate data, and enter data into spreadsheets.
- WebEx / Google+ / Skype – familiar and comfortable with operating within web technology and using webcam with candidates/users.
- Embraces new applications, technologies, tools, social media and resources as early adapters to enhance learning.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills such as mastery of proprietary software is essential.
- You will learn the following applications:
- RightTrack® – able to document details, follow protocols, will document items in RightTrack as they happen
- RightEverywhere® – understanding resources
- Appointment Plus
- Demonstrates the ability to be articulate, empathetic, and an effective active listener.
- Communicates clearly and succinctly.
- Responds to verbal and written cues and adjusts communication to suit the audience.
- Asks key questions to gather information and determine key action points or solutions.
- Interprets concepts and creates effective written material (i.e. accomplishment statements, profile statements for resumes).
- Bi-lingual/multi-lingual helpful ( i.e., Spanish, French, Mandarin, Vietnamese), but not required
- Skilled in writing engaging and grammatically correct email messages.
- Proven ability to edit resumes letters and other marketing correspondences professionally and with sound content.
- Experienced with personal branding concepts via resume, digital media and career marketing materials
- Meets commitments and service quality standards; clarifies expectations and assignment outcomes.
- Collaborates with candidate with conviction and a positive, proactive attitude.
- Follows internal Home-based protocols diligently
- Works independently and accomplishes goals in a home office – with only remote support on an intermittent basis.
- Independent and driven to take initiative in order to complete tasks and solve problems.
- Ability to complete tasks with speed and accuracy while meeting deadlines.
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks assigned by multiple people.
- Team player willing to be flexible in the midst of changing priorities.
- Professional presence; comfortable interacting with a diverse range of candidates and staff.
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Skilled in use of electronic tools to enhance organization and maintain efficiencies.
- Multi-tasks when necessary to stay up-to-date with administrative responsibilities.
- Adheres to program parameters while delivering value added service to candidates in a timely manner.
HOME OFFICE REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a PC, NOT A MAC with computer speakers, microphone for VOIP use, and a clear webcam. Software required includes Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Office 2010 or newer version)
- Windows Internet Explorer (Windows 2010 or newer; Windows 7 or later)
- Internet – Cable or DSL high-speed access; good stable connection
- Phone – business line must have a voice mail system/service with a business professional message that picks up incoming calls when the line is in use. (land line or cell phone) A dedicated, separate business telephone line is preferred line and must have a clear and uninterrupted connection. If a mobile line is not reliable (for example, calls are dropped or the reception is not clear), a land line is required. Phone coverage should include continental US and Canada, as appropriate. Phone charges are not reimbursable.
- Has a private home office outfitted as prescribed above by Home Based standards
- A shredder should be used to destroy any candidate documents.
- A quiet work area that supports focused work. Every attempt should be made to present a professional environment and background and lighting, appropriate for webcam use.
Home-Based (work-from-home) Project Employees:
- Be flexible to work 24-30 hours, with a minimum of 20 hours, during weekly business hours.
- Resume Specialist hours must be available at least 3, preferably 4 days, Monday through Friday.
- Hours are not guaranteed and change with the business need
How to Apply
To apply, send email to email@example.com, Please include in subject line : RESUME SPECIALIST OPPORTUNITYhblcmc@right.com