Customer Service, WordPress,Project Management
To be discussed.
Red Earth Design, Inc. is a woman-owned distributed company that was created in 2001. There is no office and all team members work remotely. The team consists of six full- and part-time project managers, WordPress developers, and designers, who have been working together for several years.
We specialize in supporting creative agencies, non-profits, such as environmental education organizations and animal rescues, and small businesses – organizations on a budget. We help people help the world.
Our main focus is building out WordPress websites and providing ongoing support and maintenance. Our most important values are genuinely caring about the people we are working with and our tenacity in solving problems. We listen, we’re accessible and patient, and we make things work. We train clients on how to use their website in an empowering way.
We are looking for a WordPress Project Manager to join our team for 30-40 hours a week. The higher range of hours is available to a person who is able do some website updates and project work in addition to doing project management. Contract work (no benefits, will receive a 1099), but not temporary. Hourly rate $25/hr. during the trial period and $30/hr. when hired.
Though we work remotely, this position does require a quiet environment conducive to answering phone calls and a stable internet connection. Team communication is done via email, Slack chats and a project/task management tool. We also hold video conferences three to four times a month to touch base as a team along with regular team check-in calls. This position requires regular work hours during U.S. business hours. For example, 8 am – 4:30 pm PST, 8:30 am – 5 pm MST, 9 am – 5:30 pm CST, or 9:30 am – 6:00 pm EST.
This position requires US residency. No computer science degree is required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and WordPress proficiency are required. Our team would like to work with someone who is modest and easy to get along with.
The position begins with a paid 60 hour trial period with one check-in after 30 hours and another at the end to determine whether it is working for you and working for us. The hours can be completed in 2 weeks or spread across several weeks as needed. Either party reserves the right to end the trial period at any time.
* Experience using WordPress: editing pages, posts, widgets, navigation menus
* Ability to interact with clients and team in a kind, respectful and professional manner
* Ability to talk to clients without using jargon
* Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
* Willingness to learn new things to gradually expand what you can work on
* High degree of learning agility
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Self-motivated, self-starter
* Uses time efficiently
* Patient, positive, and supportive attitude with clients and team members
Preferred Additional Skills/Experience:
* Photoshop, design
* Email marketing
* Email account POP3/IMAP connections/set-up
* Content updates on WordPress sites
* Join/shadow project lead on WordPress training calls
* Draft communications to client for update requests
* Delegation of project tasks to team members as appropriate
* Manage project communication between a client and the RED team for larger or ongoing projects, be the main point of contact who keeps things moving forward
* Assist clients with email newsletters through MailChimp, Zoho, or other similar newsletter systems
* Test/check a website after a team member completes upgrades
* Test features and styling on a website during a site build
* Be the backup contact when the main project lead for other projects is out of the office
* Train clients on how to use WordPress by phone/screen share
* Take screenshots and write out instructions for clients to follow for doing updates on their site specific to a plugin or other non-standard functionality, and/or make screencasts
Examples of tasks:
* A client sends a photo to replace a photo on a webpage. You update it, and if the client wants to learn how to do it themselves, you take screenshots of how you did it, or record a short video screencast, and put the information in a tutorial in our Evernote knowledge base. You share the link of the updated webpage along with a link to the tutorial with the client.
* Use a page builder, like Visual Composer or Beaver Builder, to make content edits on a website.
* A client sends a question about a missing purchase order number that used to show up in their online order email receipts. You review their request to make sure you understand what’s happening (or not happening) and ask for more information if needed. Then you create a task in our project management system and assign it to one of our developers to look into. Once they solve it, you reply to the client to let them know.
* Follow up on tasks where you’re waiting on information from a client, or on an update from a developer to keep the task moving forward.
* Participate in putting together the Red Earth Design, Inc. monthly email newsletter.
* After a developer upgrades plugins and core software on a website, assist with checking through the website to make sure things are still working properly.
* When a website is about to launch, perform a cross-browser/cross-device check using your devices as well as our BrowserStack account. You would go through a list of standard devices in our checklist to make sure the pages look and work as they should on common browsers, tablets, and phones. Report any issues to the developer building the site, and review after they’ve made updates to what you found.
* Participate in our internal Professional Development blog, where we share what we have learned while
working on a project, or from listening to a podcast or reading.
* Join the regular team video call, 3 to 4 times a month, where we catch up, share highlights and lowlights from what we’ve been working on, and learn something new from a team member’s presentation or project debrief, or talk through ideas or business development.
* Computer with internet connection
* Phone number clients can call with professional voicemail recording and quiet background environment (email account will be provided)
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply