To be discussed.
The Virtual Services Assistant assists with and enhances the virtual services offered by the Social Sector Outreach team, specifically Foundation Center’s Ask Us virtual reference service and GrantSpace.org, the public web portal for its Social Sector Outreach team and one of the Center’s most visited web properties. This person coordinates regular communications strategy and channels for GrantSpace, and may interact directly with customers via the online chat platform. The Virtual Services Assistant reports to the Director of Network Engagement and works very closely with the GrantSpace Specialist to craft and curate the customer experience – both onsite and online.
Grantspace.org support (85%)
* Produce content for and manage regular communications strategy and channels, including:
– Daily social media content
– Weekly blog posts
– Monthly e-newsletter
* Regularly monitor all website and communication channels analytics (Google Analytics, Hootsuite, Cheetahmail, Gigya, YouTube) and deliver metrics as needed to other team members.
* In coordination with the GrantSpace Specialist, co-manage regular content creation and maintenance for GrantSpace.
* Perform other duties and special projects for GrantSpace, as assigned.
Ask Us Support (15%)
* Respond to reference questions via email and chat during designated shifts.
* Help to identify, create and maintain a library of Ask Us reference resources in response to staff and user feedback, demand and frequent questions.
* Help to create and maintain Ask Us training materials and coordinate with the GrantSpace Specialist and Customer Service to train new staff.
* Work with Network Engagement Manager on collecting and reporting Ask Us analytics.
* Perform other duties and special projects for the Ask Us service, as assigned.
* Knowledge of and interest in the work of the nonprofit/social sector community.
* Experience in using online content marketing and knowledge of social media principles, best practices, and trends.
* Oral communication skills, including public speaking experience.
* Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in nonprofit management, library science, English, or marketing/communications.
* Serious, proven commitment to excellent customer service, user experience, and audience development.
* Highly organized and able to work on deadline with minimal direct supervision.
* Experience in working regularly with remote staff in multiple time zones.
* Exceptional written communication skills and experience in using promotional channels such as social media, e-newsletters, and blogs to share information and compelling stories.
* Enjoys working with and engaging a diverse group of community members in the social sector.
* Broad base of experience with instructional and office technology, including Microsoft Office and Google Drive products.
* Basic HTML knowledge and interest in usability principles for websites.
* Due to the fact that this is a remote-based position, the following is also required: access to a private enclosed room, a dedicated phone line, computer with high speed internet connection, standard office suite software, and the bandwidth/ability to download additional software provided by Foundation Center.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply