Bilingual, Spanish, Education & Training, Transcription
To be discussed.
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible.
From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe.We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Transcribers listen to audio responses from students in grades 2-12 and using specific transcription notation, transcribe word for word the students’ utterance. The work is very detail oriented and meticulous. Successful transcribers have an interest in language, a good ‘ear’, and enjoy the challenge of deciphering spoken audio responses.
– Transcriber qualifications:
– Preferred qualifications:
– Technical/Hardware requirements:
* English fluency (must read, write, and speak fluently)
* Some post-secondary education
* Meticulous, careful personality with attention to detail
* Typing speed of 55 WPM
* Ability to work a minimum of 20 hours/week
* Previous transcription experience
* Bachelor’s degree
* Language training
* Linguistics education
* Teaching experience in ESL or English
* Knowledge of Spanish
* Earphones/headset, seeHeadset recommendations
* Internet connection
* Computer (PC or Mac)
* Internet Browser: Safari, Internet Explorer, FirefoxESR, the non-64 bit versionClick Here to Apply