Customer Service, Accounting
To be discussed.
We have an immediate opening for a hungry, highly-experienced, highly-detail-oriented Tax Filing specialist who is fanatical about helping SMB businesses save a ton of time with sales tax compliance.
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 9,000 businesses. We were founded to help eCommerce owners spend less time on sales tax and more time growing the businesses they love. We’re passionate about creating simple solutions and leveraging technology to solve complicated sales tax issues. We’re not just about sales tax though, we’re a technology-driven company focused on providing a great experience for both merchants and developers. We work closely with eCommerce partners like Amazon, Shopify, Walmart, eBay, Square, Magento and WooCommerce to help eCommerce businesses thrive.
We offer TaxJar Reports, a simple web-based reporting tool that organizes sales tax data into return-ready reports by state, AutoFile, a service that automatically files sales tax returns (this is the team you’d be joining), and SmartCalcs API, a modern, accurate, sales tax API for developers to outsource sales tax rates and calculations.
What does a Tax Filing Specialist do?
* Interface directly with customers to ensure we have the proper credentials to file sales tax returns
* File a high volume of sales tax returns to states every month (don’t worry, we’ll train you)
* Work with representatives of states to quickly solve issues related to invalid filings
* Categorize and quickly respond to customer questions and requests via email
* Contribute to clear and simple documentation and support content
* Work closely with our technical team to continually make our filing process more efficient
You’re the ideal candidate if you
* Have impeccable attention to detail
* Think the chance to understand the ins-and-outs of sales tax is interesting!
* Have prior experience handling highly-sensitive data
* Are in a position where you’re currently working directly with customers
* Approach success from the customer’s point of view
* Are extremely patient…sales tax is painful
* Have mad written and verbal communication skills
* BONUS POINTS if you have previously filed sales tax returns for more than 6 months in multiple states
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you’re
* A pro at communicating
* Well-experienced working remotely
* Accountable & KPI driven
* Never tired of learning
* Looking for a culture that prioritizes shipping products and going to market quickly
* Confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re all peers here, no egos please)
* Hungry to play an impactful role, and not afraid to go big and potentially fail
* Excited to be part of the company leading innovation in the sales tax space
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply