Education & Training, Online Teaching, International, Nonprofit & Philanthropy
18.00 USD / Hourly
VillageReach is an NGO that develops solutions to critical health system challenges in low-resource environments, with an emphasis on strengthening the “last mile” of healthcare delivery. VillageReach combines expertise across public health, technology, and business to bring life-saving innovation – new systems, programs and technologies – to scale and sustainability in the world’s most underserved communities. VillageReach is headquartered in Seattle, WA with offices located in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi and Mozambique.
VillageReach invites qualified candidates to apply for the position of Teaching Assistant, Supply Chain Performance Management. Ideal candidate is currently enrolled in a graduate-level program. One does not need supply chain experience but rather the desire to apply supply chain practice to save lives and improve health by increasing access to quality healthcare for the most underserved communities.
The work of the Teaching Assistant will assist in the delivering course material for supply chain performance management course and ensuring positive outcomes for students. While VillageReach has significant experience in improving supply chain performance, it has not yet codified its experience into a formalized training for staff. This material is now being developed and will used to execute a training course from February to June 2018.
Some 30 employees, located in Malawi, Mozambique, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ivory Coast and the United States, will participate in the course. This group is composed of a core group of supply chain experts and a larger group of programmatic staff that are involved from time-to-time in supply chain related efforts.
The Teaching Assistant will work directly with Joseph Roussel Director, Private Sector Engagement who is also our Supply Chain practice lead. Joseph has over 25 years of experience in supply chain management and is co-author of Strategic Supply Chain Management (McGraw-Hill Education, 2013). He will be the course instructor.
The Teaching Assistant’s scope of work will include:
* Supporting course development (bibliography and research on public health related examples outside of VillageReach)
* Scheduling lecture sessions and keeping students informed on course activities and due dates
* Overseeing student’s off-line assignments focused on applying course learnings to VillageReach programs
* Following-up with individual participants on specific questions
* Assisting the instructor in the evaluation of monthly off-line assignments and the mid-term and final tests
* Gathering inputs and learnings on course execution and formulation recommendations on needed improvements in the course materials
* Other duties as assigned
The following competencies reflect both what is expected of all VillageReach employees and of an individual in this specific role.
* Interpersonal Skills: Conduct oneself with sensitivity, awareness and respect when working with diverse groups of people, including VillageReach staff, beneficiaries, donors and partners.
* Dependability: Act at all times as a reliable and effective team player, volunteering to help without being asked.
* Initiative and Results: Proactively enhance the quality of programs, outputs, workplace environment and relationships.
* Representation: Represent VillageReach and its programs by demonstrating a personal commitment to the mission and values of VillageReach and a sound knowledge of the organization, its principles and its programs
* Leadership and Social Entrepreneurship: Demonstrate leadership by being a positive example to others, a positive force programmatically and organizationally; foster a culture of innovation.
* Commitment to Learning and Growth: Demonstrate commitment to develop, acquire, document and apply best practices in related fields, and apply solutions to obstacles to organizational effectiveness.
* Consistency: Demonstrate consistent and productive attendance and work record.
* Compliance: Follow VillageReach policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Education & Experience:
* Graduate-level student studying supply chain, public health, public administration or another relevant field
* Skillful written and verbal communication abilities as well as experience in communicating ideas graphically
* Ability to work with people of different backgrounds and cultures
* Self-motivated; independent worker able to meet set deadlines
* Previous experience as a teaching Assistant would be a plus
* Fluency in English required; fluency in French or Portuguese would be an advantage
Environment and Physical Demands
The Teaching Assistant can work from their desired location and working hours may be during GMT+1 and GMT-8. Therefore, candidate will need to be adaptable within these time zones. No office space or equipment will be provided by VillageReach.
This is a six-month position. The Teaching Assistant will work 14 hours a week with a potential for more hours depending on student interest and project needs. There is flexibility for the exact starting and ending dates, as well as time commitment by week, depending on individual circumstances.
The pay rate for this part-time, temporary, non-exempt position is $18 per hour. Research Assistants do not qualify for employee benefits.
This is an immediate hire and therefore resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis until Monday, January 22, 2018. To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to our online portal: http://www.villagereach.org/join-us/
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
VillageReach is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. We believe that diverse, equitably weighted perspectives foster an organizational capacity to create novel solutions that improve health in the most underserved and hard-to-reach areas. To align our values, innovations and impact, VillageReach is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce.Click Here to Apply