Laboratory, Science & Services
To be discussed.
Ameritox helped pioneer the prescription drug monitoring necessary to address the national epidemic of prescription drug misuse, abuse and diversion. As a trusted leader in medication monitoring, Ameritox provides medical and business professionals with health care solutions that can help improve patient care and prevent tragedy. Ameritox has also established a service, Ingenuity Health, which uses similar drug monitoring science to provide highly reliable data that helps doctors and behavioral health specialists improve treatment for patients diagnosed with serious mental illness. Ameritox, headquartered in Maryland and has laboratory facilities in Greensboro, N.C. Ameritox can be found online at ameritox.com and on Twitter @Ameritox.
Visit the Ingenuity Health website at IngenuityHealth.com or follow Ingenuity Health on Twitter @IngenuityHealth .
Ameritox, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for being the daily contact for existing customers who’s Laboratory Testing Services can be facilitated by the placement of an Ameritox Specimen Processor. The Specimen Administrator (SA) is responsible for providing excellent customer satisfaction and retention and is expected to develop and maintain strong relationships with the customer. This position is responsible for minimizing missing information and ensuring quality specimen submissions from their account(s). This position will also perform the functions of Specimen Processor when required. Specimen Processors have a specific role within the clinic to process specimens collected by the clinic, obtain information necessary to complete the Ameritox requisition, and manage Ameritox supply. In performing this role, the Specimen Processor must adhere to the Specimen Processor Policy and all foundational and supporting Compliance policies as set forth by the Department Head and the Chief Compliance Officer.
Specimen Administrator Key Responsibilities:
* Adhere to Specimen Processor Policy, performing only Ameritox Specimen Processing specific tasks and not tasks/work on behalf of clinic.
* Create, maintain, and enhance relationships within their clinic(s); provide quality customer service to clients with reliable information.
* Provide regular communication between customer and team; communicate customer goals and represent customer’s interest to team; ensure customer issues/concerns are dealt with efficiently.
* Provide applicable information effectively to customers including company services and capabilities.
* Work with internal departments, i.e., Billing, Data Entry, and Lab, to resolve Missing Information / Quality Control (MIQC) and Error Processing (EP) issues, when applicable.
* Support Supervisor or designee with training and implementation of other SPs at additional physician practices, when applicable.
* Process specimens collected by the clinic. Proactively gather required patient information prior to their visit.
* Complete the Ameritox requisition form accurately. This includes:
– Documenting required clinic and patient information necessary for each specimen.
– Obtaining and entering accurate diagnosis code(s) as assessed by the physician.
– Obtaining and entering accurate insurance/payer, workers’ compensation and additional billing information.
– Obtaining a copy of any and all insurance cards to be submitted with the specimen.
– Accurately entering patient’s prescription information on the requisition form by consulting the patient and reviewing the patient’s medical chart.
– Requiring the patient to sign the necessary Ameritox paperwork.
– Reviewing accuracy of every field on the requisition form prior to shipment.
– Promptly submitting requisitions via the online requisition system (when applicable) and processing the specimen for transport.
* Ensure specimen collection device is properly sealed and packaged.
* Consistently tracks above criteria for online requisition usage.
* Prepare shipping documentation and properly packing specimens for shipment.
* Contact the Toxicology Hotline in cases where patient information is missing or inaccurate.
* Manage processing supply inventory.
* Daily contact with direct Supervisor.
* Proactively contacting appropriate resource to address any issues within the worksite: e.g. Sales Consultant, Mental Health Account Executive, Supervisor, and Toxicology.
* Adhere to confidentiality (HIPAA) requirements (patient files, personal and proprietary information).
* Scrubs or business casual equivalent, when applicable.
* Positive attitude and disciplined work ethic.
* Professional appearance and demeanor.
* Self-motivated and driven to be successful.
* Works well with minimal onsite supervision.
* Strong sense of customer service.
* Ability to maintain relationships within their clinic(s).
* Experience entering medical/patient information quickly and accurately.
* Experience with electronic medical records and exposure to ICD9 coding preferred.
* Must be adaptable and flexible with process changes/updates. Must be willing to participate in ongoing training and have a desire to continue to improve job performance and knowledge on a daily basis.
* Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Must be accountable for submitting accurate and complete information.
* Must be reliable, punctual, and accountable and adhere to the tardiness/absence policy.
* Must have a history of adherence to the Ameritox Code of Conduct policy.
* Can communicate effectively with client, vendors, clinic staff and patients.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience required.
* Field experience as a Specimen Processor.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Ability to interact professionally with patients and clinic staff.
* Meets or exceeds established acceptable quality & compliance metrics.
* Knowledge of computer programs.
* Ability to operate a computer and basic office equipment.
* Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, clinic staff, Ameritox and vendors.
* Willingness to travel regionally – This terriroty includes accounts in Michigan, Texas, IL and other mid west states. Expected travel is at least 75% of the time.
* Knowledge of medical billing/collection practices.
* Knowledge of medical office procedures.
* Knowledge of basic medical coding and third-party operating procedures.
* Ability to read and understand prescription information.
* Understanding of prescription medications and medical terminology.
* Experience with online ordering systems.
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS:
Language: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Mathematical: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Computer: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job the employee is occasionally exposed to various weather conditions as (s)he walks between their vehicle and the clinic location. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply