Medical, Laboratory Testing
To be discussed.
A Phlebotomist serves patients by identifying the best method for retrieving blood; preparing specimens for laboratory testing; and performing screening procedures.
* Verifies test requisitions by comparing information with nursing station log; bringing discrepancies to the attention of unit personnel.
* Verifies patient by reading patient identification.
* Obtains blood specimens by performing venipunctures and finger sticks.
* Maintains specimen integrity by using aseptic technique, following department procedures; observing isolation procedures.
* Tracks collected specimens by initialing, dating, and noting times of collection; maintaining daily tallies of collections performed.
* Maintains quality results by following department procedures and testing schedule; recording results in the quality-control log; identifying and reporting needed changes.
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
* Resolves unusual test orders by contacting the physician, pathologist, nursing station, or reference laboratory; referring unresolved orders back to the originator for further clarification; notifying supervisor of unresolved orders.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances phlebotomy department and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and have an access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job
* Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
* Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements
* Employee must pass post offer criminal background check.
* Minimum of 2 years of phlebotomy experience
* BS/BA degree (preferred)
* High School Diploma (or equivalent) required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to serve and protect the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and JCAHO standards.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
* Work in an office setting with scrubs required
* The position requires tracking of each draw
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.Click Here to Apply