Editing, Proofreading, K-12
To be discussed.
IXL’s new English Language Arts component helps students master grammar and vocabulary like never before. Students will see their abilities soar as they interact with engaging texts, correct grammatical errors, and determine the meanings of new words in a variety of contexts.
We are looking for a motivated, detail-oriented Content Editor with demonstrated expertise in English Language Arts to join our content team. In this role, you will work closely with Content Writers and Product Analysts to ensure our language arts items are grammatically correct and grade appropriate. This is a part-time contract position with the opportunity to work remotely.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
* Ensuring overall quality and consistency of language arts content
* Reviewing content for completeness, accuracy, and adherence to specifications
* Reviewing content for grade-level appropriateness
* Copyediting to improve formatting and style
* Correcting errors in spelling, punctuation, and grammar
* Providing Content Writers with general and specific feedback
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
* BA/BS degree
* Demonstrated expertise in ELA content development with an editorial focus
* Impeccable knowledge of English grammar
* Superior writing and editing skills
* Familiarity working with The Chicago Manual of Style
* Understanding of K-12 students’ reading and knowledge levels
* Strong communication skills
* Ability to be efficient and organized while working on multiple projects simultaneously
* Ability to influence and improve the work of others
* Experience using web content management systems and writing in an online format
IXL Learning is a leading educational technology company on a big mission: delivering an immersive learning experience to all students, in all grades and subjects, in schools and homes worldwide. With 1 in 8 U.S. students already learning on IXL (answering over 50 million questions every day!), IXL inspires educators and learners around the world and is changing how students feel about learning and about themselves.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply