Consulting, Records Management, Compliance
To be discussed.
LAC Group has an exciting opportunity for an Information Governance Consultant / Records Manager to work for our client, a growing international business focused on technology. This position will manage the output from a research team, providing quality assurance, mapping and validation of data, to ensure current and accurate information about laws and regulations, that contain information requirements for businesses, is maintained in our Client’s repository. This role will also provide expert advice to our client’s customers on laws and regulations that contain information requirements for businesses and will help facilitate the customer on-boarding, working collaboratively with the service delivery team.
This is a full-time role with the selected candidate working remotely, usually from home. Successful candidates should be resident either in the UK or within easy reach of New York City as our client has offices in both the UK and NYC and periodic visits to the one of the client offices is required. We offer a competitive package and the opportunity to join a rapidly expanding international business delivering cutting edge technology.
* To quality review, approve, map and validate information requirements, generated by the research team, to ensure current and accurate information about laws and regulations are added to database in a timely manner;
* Work collaboratively with the research team to identify and provide guidance on required information requirements for a given set of jurisdictions;
* Review and validate research, conducting independent research where necessary;
* Map legislation to relevant database record categories;
* Develop effective and efficient methodologies for research, quality assurance, mapping and validation;
* Provide expert advice to customers on laws and regulations that contain information requirements for businesses;
* Facilitate customer on-boarding through records management consultancy;
* Identify opportunities to increase retention compliance and to reduce over retention;
* Attend meetings with prospective clients as a legal records expert;
* Develop an in-depth knowledge of the assigned jurisdictions in terms of regulators, regulation, legislation and business sectors currently covered by the client;
* Draft forward looking articles on new regulation and legislation that is being developed within the assigned jurisdictions.
* An understanding of information related legislation, and governance, risk and compliance;
* Good research skills with an ability to analyze and interpret complex information;
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and spoken English (UK);
* Good knowledge of office applications including Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint, and ability to
work with electronic research resources;
* Ability to observe strict confidentiality;
* Team skills.
* A Masters qualification in Records Management;
* A degree in Law;
* A fluent 2nd language.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply