Coordination, Communication, Education, Phone Handling, Teaching Assistant
To be discussed.
Founded in 2001, Connections Education is a leading provider of high-quality, highly accountable online education solutions for schools, school districts, and students in grades K–12. It serves families and schools with a variety of digital learning and online school solutions including Connections Academy, International Connections Academy, and Pearson Connexus. In 2017, Connections Education brings full-time online and blended school to 65,000 students across the U.S. and abroad, and delivers online courses to over 340,000 students. In total, over 400,000 students in the U.S. and 48 countries will receive online learning from Connections Education in 2017. Connections Education is based in Baltimore, Maryland and was named a “Top Workplace” by the Baltimore Sun for the third consecutive year and a 2013 “Best Place to Work” by Baltimore magazine. Regularly recognized for its outstanding curriculum and leadership, Connections Education is committed to expanding quality education through technology, and helping students achieve both academic and personal success. Connections Education is part of the global education company, Pearson.
Working from your home office, the Family Connections Coordinator focuses on building and maintaining positive and productive relationships with families and caretakers. The Family Connections Coordinator serves as a point of contact for families, working to ensure the success of the students enrolled in Connections Academy through a personalized approach to customer service. The Family Connections Coordinator functions as part of an inbound phone queue that families can utilize to ask questions and receive assistance throughout the enrollment and post-enrolled processes. Acting as a liaison between families and schools, the Family Connections Coordinator lessens the need for families to contact teachers for miscellaneous reasons, opening up teachers to focus on what’s most important, teaching and preparing students for success!
* Lead generation through both outbound and inbound calls;
* Serve as an enrollment subject matter expert to families during the enrollment process;
* Handle inbound calls in a phone queue setting, assisting families through the enrollment process and beyond;
* Act as ambassador for the school in interactions with students and families;
* Act as a liaison between local schools and enrollment to resolve issues that may impede enrollment;
* Remain up to date with changes in enrollment policies and guidelines and communicate changes to families;
* Assist with initial enrollment and onboarding through Learning Coach Support groups, onboarding calls, and the development of relationships with parents and local school staff;
* Monitor student participation and engagement through monthly check-in calls during the school year;
* Communicate changes in school events, policies, and guidelines through interaction with school staff and parents;
* And other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Education, or a related field;
* Experience in an educational setting/ school, preferably as an Enrollment Specialist, Registrar, or Teaching Assistant preferred;
* Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
* Prior customer service experience required;
* Prior experience in a phone queue a plus;
* Technologically proficient (especially with Microsoft Office and Google programs);
* Possess a high degree of attention to detail and be able to multitask effectively;
* Ability to follow explicit instructions consistently but is also able to exercise good judgement when making work-related decisions;
* Must be able to work effectively as a part of a team and independently;
* Must enjoy a challenging work environment that required flexibility, self-directions, creativity, strong communication, and organizational skills;
* Ability to manage stressful situations in a calm, courteous, and efficient manner; and
* Attend annual school site visit
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply