To be discussed.
Doist is a global, remote-first company and we believe that our way of working– independent of borders and time zones– is the future. We create tools that empower people and teams around the world to do more and stress less and, as a freelance translator, you will play a key role in helping us inspire the global workplace of the future.
We work hard to provide an amazing, localized experience– when your productivity app speaks your same language, you can focus on your most important tasks right away. Todoist, our popular to-do list app used by 10+ million people, is translated into almost 20 different languages, and we have recently begun translating our newest software, Twist.
We’re looking for a native Swedish speaker who has a demonstrated passion and experience for translation. In this role, you will deliver excellent translation services, delighting our customers with localized app, help, and marketing content. You’ll collaborate closely with localization project managers to develop specific terminology for new features which will shape the Doist voice for your local market/region. You will also be responsible for identifying and addressing linguistic issues, and maintaining language references such as a glossary and style guide.
We’re looking for someone with:
* Native-level fluency in English and Swedish
* At least 2 years of translation experience, preferably for a tech company
* Demonstrated passion for localization quality and consistency
* Extremely proactive work style with the ability to deliver on a tight schedule
* Perfect English skills and very high attention to detail
* The ability to work autonomously and stay self-motivated
* Bonus: an understanding of translation management tools, glossary, translation memory
Who we are and what we value
At Doist, we’ve always questioned the conventional way of doing things. While other startups live and die on VC funding, we’ve built our company independently and sustainably. While other companies seek a quick exit by acquisition, our team doubles down on our long-term vision.
Our mission is to inspire the workplace of the future by creating simple yet powerful productivity tools that promote a calmer, more balanced, more fulfilling way of working and living. We value simplicity over complexity, democracy over hierarchy, and craft over credentials.
The Doist team’s core values are: responsibility + independence, passion + craftsmanship, awareness + balance, team-player, respect + professionalism, clear communication, focus + impact, self-mastery, and courage.
Doist is a diverse, remote-first team that’s committed to building a sustainable company that will continue to grow for decades to come. Our mission is to inspire the workplace of the future by creating simple yet powerful productivity tools that promote a calmer, more balanced, more fulfilling way of working and living.
Some benefits include:
* Flexible schedule and location: this is a remote freelance position, so you are free to work from wherever you please on whatever schedule works best for you
* Joining a dynamic international team that spans 20 countries
* Free Todoist premium vouchers
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply