Writing, SEO, Editing, Proofreading, Marketing
To be discussed.
Join us! Projectline Services is seeking a contract Editor/Writer to work with one of our enterprise clients in the Bay area. This is an excellent opportunity to be a key part of one of the biggest (and coolest) technology companies in the world. With so many campaigns in market each month, a focus on quality, brand, voice and positioning- at scale- is crucial to our client’s success. This role will enable our client to deliver consistency and alignment across the business and product teams that are creating marking content, leading to more predictable return on marketing investment of their digital demand generation campaigns. This position can be done remotely.
* Proofread and edit copy, from multiple content producers, aligning to established messaging, branding, and positioning guidelines
* Work with content producers/product teams to implement messaging governance and consistency
* Primary focus on email content for demand generation campaigns, but will involve editorial review of other content types as needs evolve and campaigns respond to changing market dynamics
* May be asked to review digital ads, email, video scripts, and other marketing collateral
* Weave SEO keywords into page copy to boost search rankings, improve page metadata, and look for opportunities to create new content pages that capture organic search queries and increase site engagement
* Project management of editorial queue, ownership or status tracking and reporting to clients and stakeholders
* Exceptional proofreader. You’ve done it all—business to consumer, ads to web copy—and have the portfolio to prove it. Your sentences are squeaky clean, compelling, and conversational. You know when jargon is useful and when it gets in the way, when to add a dash of style, and when to just stick to facts
* Top-notch editor. You’re nitpicky about style rules, offended by typos, and instantly know how to make a bad draft better
* Brand and voice lover. You know the Microsoft brand voice. You know how we speak to customers and can
nail the Microsoft voice with each word choice you make
* Audience Obsessed. You’re laser-focused on your audience and their needs and interests. Your copy respects their time and intelligence, but never assumes readers inherently know or care about what you’re talking about
* You can make even the most boring, technical concepts compelling and understandable
* Fact-based, data-driven: You persuade with facts, not fluff. And always challenge your assumptions and word choices using surveys, A/B tests, and other tools
* Search engine optimization (SEO) experience
* Familiarity or affinity with cloud services
* A degree in English (composition or literature), communications, or marketing preferred
* 3-5+ years’ experience writing marketing copy; digital experience required
* Experience writing non-technical content for a technical audience
About Projectline Services:
Projectline Services, a division of Yesler Inc., delivers on-demand consulting and resourcing services around the world from our offices in Seattle, Philadelphia, Toronto, Portland, and beyond. Our consultants offer deep expertise in marketing, program management, sales support, and operations.
Projectline has been recognized as a great place to work. The awards keep coming in: We were named one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For by Seattle Business Magazine, included in the Inc 5000 list for five years in a row, and have won a place on the Seattle Met magazine list of Best Places to Work twice. If you are looking for a place where you can grow your consulting career with a list of blue-chip clients, contact us.
Our mission is to positively impact the people we work with, the people we work for, and the communities we live in. We support our mission by providing an inclusive environment where all are empowered to share their diverse perspectives and experiences so we can ultimately be better together. Our policies, practices, programs, activities and decisions regarding employment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, volunteerism, internships are not based on a person’s race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, ancestry, military discharge status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, source of income, parental status, housing status, or other protected status. We strongly encourage women, people of color, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community to apply.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply