To be discussed.
This is a key position in Lakana’s network of websites connected to TV stations around the U.S. The person in this job will gather and compile news from a variety of outlets, including sites within the company’s network, wire services and other news sources. The person will also copy edit a variety of articles from our client stations while on duty. We require someone who writes with speed and accuracy and who has strong news judgment with an emphasis on the importance of breaking news.
This person will manage news flow for our website network, including being the point person for editors at dozens of stations around the U.S.
The regular schedule for this position is overnight Friday/Saturday and Saturday/Sunday 10 p.m.-6 a.m. That schedule may vary and there will be occasional opportunities for additional hours. We do not require this work to be done from our offices. Several of our editors work from home. Editors working from home are responsible for maintaining a reliable high-speed Internet connection and telephone service (including long-distance service, if applicable).
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES) REQUIRED:
* Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines.
* Ability to deliver integrated compelling news stories quickly and accurately, using sound news judgment.
* Ability to manage (or learn to manage) video and livestreams.
* Ability to communicate effectively with clients.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to create online multimedia packages (or ability to learn to do this quickly).
* Effective editing and application of AP stylebook quality standards.
* Successful completion of writing and editing tests.
* Flexibility in schedule and adaptability to change.
* Effectiveness in handling multiple tasks and frequent interruptions.
* Solution-oriented work ethic.
* Substantial experience in a professional newsroom.
* Familiarity with television station operations preferred.
* Experience with Web content management systems, social media and wire services.
* Four-year college degree; journalism, publishing, communications, English or related coursework preferred.
* To be provided on various content management systems and other essential business tools.
* Requires use of office equipment, such as computer terminals, printers, telephones and copiers.
* Requires sitting and computer-related activities for extended periods of time.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply