Content Writing, Education
To be discussed.
IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 6 million students worldwide, is seeking creative, motivated Content Writers to join our content development team. In this role, you will work closely with product analysts and content editors to write elegantly crafted language arts items for grades 2-12, with an emphasis on reading, writing, speaking, and listening content.
IXL’s new language arts component helps students master grammar, mechanics, vocabulary, and reading comprehension like never before. Students will see their abilities soar as they interact with engaging texts, correct usage errors, and decode new words in a variety of contexts.
Engaging language arts questions require engaging language–and that’s where you come in.
This is a remote, contract position.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
* Write sentences, paragraphs, and short passages for use in a wide variety of problem types, including fill-in-the-blank, sentence editing, and multiple choice
* Brainstorm topics to create engaging, varied, age-appropriate sentences, paragraphs, and short passages
* Meet writing specifications and requirements with ingenuity and thoughtfulness
* to The Chicago Manual of Style and in-house style guide
* Format content according to guidelines
* Accept and implement feedback
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
* BA/BS degree, preferably in English, creative writing, or a related field
* Extremely strong writing ability and grammar knowledge, including a finely tuned sense of written English usage
* Clear, engaging writing style
* Strong understanding of middle and high school students’ reading and knowledge levels
* Demonstrated expertise in ELA content development for grades six through twelve is a plus
* Strong critical-thinking, research, and problem-solving skills
* Ability to be efficient and organized while working on multiple projects simultaneously
* Previous freelance writing experience is preferred
* Experience using web content management systems and writing in an online format
IXL Learning is a leading educational technology company on a big mission: delivering an immersive learning experience to all students, in all grades and subjects, in schools and homes worldwide. With 1 in 8 U.S. students already learning on IXL (answering over 50 million questions every day!), IXL inspires educators and learners around the world and is changing how students feel about learning and about themselves.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply