Education & Training, College & University, Online Teaching, Teaching
To be discussed.
Responsible for providing quality instruction to students through well prepared classes, relevant assignments, fair and holistic assessment of learning, clear documentation of student progress, and support of the academic success for at-risk students.
* Teach assigned courses
* Adequately prepare all course materials and lessons. Note preparation time will vary based on instructor experience in teaching that course
* Provide each student with clear course expectations, evaluations and timelines through carefully written topical outlines and approved, standardized syllabus
* Provide Interesting and relevant assignments for students that demonstrate learning outcomes in a real-life setting
* Suitably challenge, engage, serve and communicate with students to encourage their participation and learning while maintaining mutual value and respect
* Complete grade books, final grade sheets, learning assessments and final exam assessments on a timely basis
* Respond to student questions on a timely basis
* Identify and refer at-risk students to specific academic support services
* Ensure course and program learning outcomes are delivered as defined by the syllabus.
* Act as a substitute as needed
* Attend graduation ceremonies each year
* Where applicable, ensure safety and sanitation of all labs, equipment and supplies
* Post and maintain office and classroom schedules
* Participate in and provide feedback to institutional committees and reporting.
* Work with program chair and other appropriate groups on retention activities.
* Provide mentoring to new faculty
* Assist director of education in program evaluation and planning
* Attend regularly scheduled in-services and discipline specific professional development activities.
* Responsible to maintain credentials as required by accrediting councils/agencies and regulatory bodies
* Strong organizational skills
* Proficiency in Word and Outlook
* Expertise in interpersonal and oral presentation/written communication skills, as demonstrated by: data sheet, diplomas, degrees, transcripts, certifications, CVs/Resumes, and personal interview.
* Possesses a minimum of two (2) years of occupational (i.e., practical) experience in the subject field in which they teach
* Candidate must have obtained at least a conferred Doctoral Degree in education or closely related field from an institution regionally accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (or international equivalent), additional requirements driven by state licensing or accreditation considerations may apply
* Applicant must have teaching/administration/instructional design/curriculum development/education technology experience in an educational organization or department
* Experience teaching similar courses at other colleges or universities.
* Candidate will also be required to complete a satisfactory background check
* Candidate will be required to submit a resume and/or curriculum vitae, teaching philosophy and copies of unofficial transcripts (all degree levels) with their application
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply