Recruiter & HR
The mission of Teach Plus is to empower excellent, experienced teachers to take leadership over key policy and practice issues that affect their students’ success. The organization empowers expert teachers to advance policy changes and improve instructional leadership and teacher supports; trains and coaches teacher leaders to successfully mobilize and lead teacher teams; and empowers teacher leaders to be change agents among their peers and policy makers. Since 2009, Teach Plus has trained thousands of teacher leaders across the country who are driving policy changes and improving the instructional practices of teachers to create an education system driven by equity, access, and excellence for all students.
We are seeking a high-performing individual with a commitment to improving education through Teacher Leadership. If you have strong communication skills, an interest or experience in interview processes, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment, you will be a great fit.
The Recruitment & Selection Specialist is a temporary, part-time position that will support our ambitious goals to recruit and select cohorts of excellent, diverse teachers to become policy leaders through our state Teaching Policy Fellowships. We are looking for a talented person who learns quickly, cultivates strong relationships with internal and external audiences, and consistently produces quality work.
Role and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the National Manager of Talent, Recruitment, the responsibilities of the Recruitment and Selection Specialist include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Assigning applications and interview assessments to reviewers
* Reviewing and assessing Teacher Leader candidate applications
* Interviewing and assessing Teacher Leader candidates
* Observing and assessing performance tasks as part of the interview process
* Running reports and other collateral indicating the performance of candidates throughout the application and interview process
* Supporting regional teams to run effective selection processes
* Support recruitment efforts on an as needed basis; including recruitment outreach, logistics and planning, and collateral creation
In order to be successful in this role, ideal candidates should have:
* Extraordinary attention to detail and a commitment to producing consistently high quality written work
* Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to quickly build relationships
* The ability to work effectively independently and with others
* Strong organizational and time management skills
* Comfort adapting to changing demands
* Teaching experience is preferred, but not required
* Applicant Tracking Software experience would be helpful, but not required.
* Comfort using Microsoft and Google Office Suites, especially Excel
Commitment to Diversity
In order to better-serve the teachers and students at the core of our mission, Teach Plus is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
Term and Hours
This is a part-time temporary position with a time commitment 20-25 hours per week is required. Hours will vary and at least 50% will be late afternoon and evenings to participate in teacher interviews. The position will start in March 2019 and will continue through the end of June 2019. This is a remote position, but location in Central, Mountain, or Pacific time zone is preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is an hourly rate of $20-25. Part-time employees and/or consultants are not eligible for benefits.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete an online application found here. The online application will require you to upload a resume and cover letter. The cover letter should include an explanation of your interest in the position as well as a summary of relevant qualifications and experience. Teach Plus will receive applications until the position is filled.
Application Link: https://teachplus.tfaforms.net/327918