Job Category: Quality Assurance
Location: Work from anywhere (Global)
$20-25 per hour.
LoveToKnow is a pioneering online media company with web properties including LoveToKnow.com, YourDictionary.com, Golflink.com and ThePrintableWedding.com.
Our virtual office is seeking a QA Tester to take responsibility for testing new software releases, troubleshooting and verifying ongoing development. This is a freelance (contract) position where you will work from your home office, using your equipment. You must have a fast home computer with broadband internet connection. Hours are flexible and may range from 25 – 40 hours per week. Pay for this position is $20 – $25/hour.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties of a Quality Assurance Tester include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop, modify and execute software test plans/test cases and develop/use testing tools and methodologies to achieve the test objectives.
- Work closely with our engineering team, on a daily basis to monitor and update engineering task lists, verifying completed tasks on both the development and live servers.
- Manage bug database for projects: Log bugs and issues for developers to fix; maintain/update bug lists.
- Early involvement with producers and engineering teams during product definition and development.
- Attend design reviews, code reviews and project meetings with the Engineering, Content and Management teams.
- Act as liaison between content and engineering teams, re-creating issues with tools or the web site and reporting these to the engineering team, providing (internal) technical support to writers and editors of content team when needed.
- Use screen capture software to document/demonstrate software issues.
- Minimum 2 years in a QA role for an online development company.
- Great communications, problem solving and technical support/troubleshooting skills.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Energetic self-starter; able to work independently
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Passion for high quality information products
- Familiar with testing a variety of different online mediums including dynamic web pages and rich internet applications.
- Familiar with testing on Windows, Mac OS and mobile (iOS and Android) environments with all mainstream web browsers (IE, FF, Safari, Chrome)
- Familiar with Firebug, Fiddler and other tools necessary to troubleshoot web
page rendering issues
- Ability to read and interpret flowcharts and design documentation in order to script test scenarios.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the use of document and spreadsheet tools.
- Have home office setup, ideally with multiple browsers and operating systems.
- Comfortable using virtual office tools like shared spreadsheets, instant messenger, online conferencing.
How to Apply
- E-mail us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “QA tester” in the subject line.
- Also, please tell us: 1) about yourself; 2) why you think you’d be a good fit for this job; and 3) how best to reach you.