Communication, Learning, Customer Support
To be discussed.
At Sylvan, we are building academic confidence, igniting intellectual curiosity, and inspiring the love of learning. We believe education is everything. A child’s future depends on a solid education and a love of learning. We teach our students how to learn, so they build confidence and develop the skills needed to achieve success in school and beyond.
Making sure learning clicks for each child isn’t always easy, but it’s exactly what we love. When you choose Sylvan as a career, you join a group of caring, bright and motivated people who share a passion for making learning personal and inspiring kids to thrive. Join us in changing lives!
Sylvan Learning is a franchise organization and is the leading provider of tutoring to students of all ages, grades and skill levels with more than 700 centers located throughout North America.
Are you an energetic, flexible team player with a positive attitude and willingness to go beyond the scope of the job to help your team meet its objectives? Are you looking for a Company where you can grow and develop your career while building a skillset that will last a lifetime?
Then we want you!
As a successful Sylvan Support Associate you will report into the Sylvan Support Manager in the Operations Department. The Associate is responsible for resolving inquiries in a timely manner and recording the inquiries appropriately into the main database. The position is also responsible for all process and procedures associated with scheduled and urgent ticket tasks. In addition, this position is responsible for approving Center Level Website Submissions in a timely manner.
As a successful Sylvan Support Associate, your duties and responsibilities will include:
* Investigate customer inquiries and examine related materials, and converse or correspond with customer and other company personnel to obtain facts regarding customer inquiry and resolution
* Notify customer, and if necessary, designated personnel of resolution
* Communicate to management process changes to help resolve inquires more efficiently
* Follow up on recommended resolution to ensure customer satisfaction
* Enter all information regarding inquiries into computer database
* Work jointly with Franchise Business Consultants to assist with Operations, Sales and Revenue driving tasks.
* Schedule calls/meetings when appropriate to assist customer needs, this could include training on specific operations or consulting on a specific center operations scenario.
* Prepare, conduct and complete License Renewal Quality Assurance Reviews within a specified timeframe
* Complete project work for other departments as requested including outbound callings campaigns, product/program testing, data verification, etc.
* Participate on Project Teams when appropriate.
* Review and approve Center Level Website Submissions
* Participate on bi-monthly team calls
* Spend additional hours outside scheduled hours on training, project calls and in-center training, as needed
* Perform additional tasks outside Sylvan Support Operations
* Meet service and team performance level objectives (metrics)
* Bachelor’s Degree preferred
* Sylvan Learning experience a requirement
* 3 or more years in a customer service department
* Excellent written and oral skills; proven customer service skills; and accurate documentation skills
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment
* Sales experience preferable but not required
* Previous phone experience a plus
* Previous chat experience a plus
* MUST HAVE AVAILABILITY Tues from 9:15-10:15 for team calls, Tues and Wed 3-8 EST, AND Thurs 4-8 pm EST
* Must be available a maximum of 1 weekend shift per month (Sat 9-1 EST and Sunday 2 flex hours)
* Be available for flex training 3 hours per month and have the ability to sub on Fridays
* Must demonstrate a high-level of accommodation and flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment of
constant change; able to perform well under pressure and deadlines
* The ideal candidate will be well organized and confident to work independently but also a strong team player
* Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
* Desire to consistently grow and develop your career
What you get in return:
As a Sylvan team member, you’ll work in a fast-paced environment and make an impact on our business contributing towards the success of our company! Our total rewards package includes:
* Competitive market-pay based compensation.
* Fun Company Culture, with monthly employee engagement activities, that empowers team members and rewards outstanding performance
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply