Job Category: Writing
Location: Work from anywhere (U.S.)
Deer Oaks Employee Assistance Program is seeking an experienced proposal writer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have the ability to determine proposal concepts, meet deadlines, develop proposal presentations, and design promotional material using Adobe Design Software. This position is a telecommute position from anywhere in the Continental United States.
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs; studying requests for proposals (RFPs); attending strategy meetings.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding; coordinating printing.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
- Use best practice knowledge to influence final content direction of proposals, promotional materials, and client communications to ensure that business objectives are met
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implementing changes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
- Develop promotional and communication materials using Adobe Design Software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) for distribution to clients (posters, informational flyers, booklets, brochures, fact sheets, press releases, etc.)
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree, with Two Years of Proposal Writing Experience
- Excellent Written Communication Skills, Strong Graphic Design Skills, Technical Documentation and Layout Skills;
- Deadline-Oriented, with Good Problem Solving Skills;
- Process Improvement-Oriented, with Strategic Planning Skills and Market Knowledge
- This is a telecommute position from anywhere in the Continental United States.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply