DESIGN / CREATIVE
To be discussed.
A leading global provider of print and media solutions, Quad/Graphics is powered by a passion for innovation and the most advanced platform in the industry. Our collaborative team of “can-do” people continually challenge the status quo, creating groundbreaking solutions that push the boundaries of communications.
Quad/Graphics Creative Solutions, a multichannel communications firm serving premier national and international B-to-C and B-to-B clients, seeks an experienced Photo Researcher & Permissioning Specialist. This is a remote position.
* Negotiating terms and conditions of contracts
* Establishing time-scales and budgets
* Determining project requirements
* Liaising closely with clients
* Undertaking relevant research
* Sourcing appropriate artwork and images for assigned projects
* Exploring all picture sources including online image banks and stock photo libraries
* Deciding when to use existing images or to commission a photographer or illustrator
* Negotiating fair prices within established budgets
* Handling images with care and protecting them from loss or damage
* Building computer archives of images
* Keeping accurate records of pictures and artwork
* Obtaining correct caption and credit information
* Using specialized software for editing and manipulating images
* Working with other professionals including writers, reporters, graphic designers and editors
* Keeping up-to-date with rules and regulations governing the use of images
* Visual Arts Degree (fine art, photography, publishing, illustration or graphic design) is preferred.
* Previous experience in educational publishing is highly desired, but not required.
* Above all, candidates will have excellent picture knowledge and photographic experience. Relevant work experience is essential.
Key skills for photo researchers:
* Sound knowledge of picture sources
* Ability to quickly locate appropriate images and artwork
* Expertise with graphics software
* Ability to work calmly, methodically and quickly under deadline pressure
* Ability to communicate effectively with editors and others on changing needs
* Tenacious and determined when solving problems
* A firm understanding of copyright as it relates to art and photo use
* A good eye for design and detail
* Diplomacy in dealing with a wide variety of individuals
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply