Pharmacy, Customer Service, Operational Controls
To be discussed.
Kaplan Test Prep (www.kaptest.com) is a premier provider of educational and career services for individuals, schools and businesses. Established in 1938, Kaplan is the world leader in the test prep industry. With a comprehensive menu of online offerings as well as a complete array of print books and digital products, Kaplan offers preparation for more than 100 standardized tests, including entrance exams for secondary school, college and graduate school, as well as professional licensing exams for attorneys, physicians and nurses. Kaplan also provides private tutoring and graduate admissions consulting services. Within Kaplan Test Prep are Metis and Dev Bootcamp, which operate new economy skills training (NEST) bootcamps designed to provide immersive training in skills that are in high demand in today’s job market and prepare participants for hire.
Pharmacy Advisor Job Description
Impact & Scope
The Pharmacy Academic Advisor provides academic advising to all current students in the Pharmacy Pre-Licensure Preparation program. The Pharmacy Academic Advisor will play a key role in helping students develop the required skills to master a difficult licensing examination. The Pharmacy Academic Advisor will for each student 1) model best practices for developing study plans, 2) track and provide feedback on student progress, 3) assist the student in analyzing and interpreting examination and quiz results, and 4) assist the student in analyzing their overall progress and readiness. Pharmacy Academic Advisors have experience with the medical or pharmacy licensure process and/or have navigated through at least part of the process.
Customer Service, Product Knowledge & Operational Controls
* Advise, counsel, and service students through a variety of tools: personalized study plans, application timelines, FPGEC application steps, tracking student interactions, records of individual and group advising appointments, and regular scheduled email communication, etc.
* Lead weekly group advising sessions based upon phase of study
* Actively contribute to initiatives to standardize and improve the in- center experience for the student.
* Provide exceptional customer service.
* Maintains records of international students both for compliance and for business management.
* Assist the CompletePrep Manager with ensuring excellent student experiences.
* Liaise with team at Kaplan International English location, ensuring good teamwork and partnership.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Expertise in FPGEE / NAPLEX test and path to residency for Foreign Trained Pharmacists preferred.
* Excellent time management, project management, and organizational skills,
* High energy level, confident, and optimistic demeanor with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced education environment.
* Team player that collaborates well and has diligent work ethic.
* Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
* Results focused with a passion for customer service and business results.
* Prior teaching experience strongly preferred
* Ability to learn quickly how to work effectively with, but not limited to, shared Google resources, Adobe Connect, Skype, Salesforce and Microsoft Office.
* Strong attention to details
* Assist in the administration of Kaplan classes and using Kaplan specific computer applications.
* Perform various administrative functions
* PharmD, PhD or Advanced Degree in pharmacy / pharmacology preferred
* Ability to speak Arabic would be considered an asset
* Customer service experience preferred
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, metrics driven and measured performance work environment
* Must have excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills
* Must be results driven, highly motivated, self-starter as well as adaptable to changing environments
* Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule (including weekends on rare occasions), in order to meet business objectives.
Measurements (including, but not limited to)
* Student Progress Tracking
* San Diego area. Must be able to meet students on campus at Kaplan International English location.
Hours: variable, up to 10-15 hours per week
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply