To be discussed.
The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is a new kind of university focused on training the next generation of global leaders in health care delivery. The university launched in Rwanda in September 2015 with its flagship degree program: the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery. Through an academic experience uniquely rooted in the values of equity, students are empowered to both ease suffering at the bedside and drive transformational, systemic changes to the health system. UGHE is an initiative of Partners In Health (PIH), an internationally recognized nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. In over nearly three decades of operating alongside public sectors in countries around the world, PIH has developed a model to deliver high quality health care to some of the world’s most marginalized communities. Nowhere has this impact been more profound than in Rwanda, where Inshuti Mu Buzima—PIH’s sister organization—and our government partners have driven innovation for a decade. Members of the UGHE community are tenacious and resolute in our drive to attain social justice, make common cause with those in need, listen to and learn from others, and operate with honesty and humility as we uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity. The University of Global Health Equity seeks individuals committed to these values to join the team.
The University of Global Health Equity is seeking Teaching Assistants (TA) to join the Teaching & Learning Team. The TA will work remotely providing support including grading, researching, editing, managing online courses, collating and drafting materials as needed.
* Conducting literature and media reviews
* Editing teaching and learning materials
* Collating materials for classes
* Drafting materials for teaching and learning
* Grading student assessments, essays, reports, tests, and exams
* Current student (undergraduate or graduate) with global health-related major
* Completed coursework in global health, epidemiology, statistics, anthropology, and/or sociology
* Experience serving as a TA for undergraduate or graduate students
* Excellent writing and editing skills
* Extremely reliable, able to avail up to 20 hours a week
* Familiarity with online learning platforms including the EdX system
* Exemplary interpersonal skills; ability to effectively collaborate with culturally diverse staff across departments and country
* Interest in social justice strongly desirable
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply