Job Category: Writer, Editor
Location: Work from anywhere (U.S.)
~$50 per hour. Actual pay D.O.E., as 1099 vendor of Crawford Group
Crawford Group (www.crawfordgroup.com) is looking for part-time, freelance Editor for our technology client. The client is based in Santa Clara, CA, however, the Editor will do 100% of his/her work from a remote/home office setting. The Editor will provide editing and proofreading services for digital and interactive marketing communications. This includes the editing and proofreading of packaging, marketing collateral and digital media for various organizations within Corporate Marketing.
The Editor will work closely with subject matter experts from Production, Product Marketing, and Legal teams to ensure the clarity and accuracy of communications and to maintain the highest possible standards in corporate and marketing communications. The Editor review projects at all stages of the design and production process, from copy development to layout to mechanical to final proof, testing, and staging.
The ideal candidate has proven success working virtually, plus previous editorial and proofreading experience at a top-tier publication, design firm, corporate marketing communications department, or ad agency.
- Read content and correct for errors in spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- Rewrite copy to make it easier for readers to understand
- Verify facts using standard reference sources
- Evaluate submissions from writers to decide what to publish
- Work with writers to help their ideas and stories succeed
- Plan the content of digital media and publications according to the publication’s style and editorial policy
- Develop story and content ideas while being mindful of the audience
- Allocate space for the text, photos, and illustrations that make up a story
- Approve final versions submitted by staff
- 4 – 6 years’ editorial and proofreading experience, familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style and the conventions of American English style and usage
- Must be technologically savvy and have some knowledge of trademark issues
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to work as a (virtual) member of a team to deliver results
- The ability to focus and effectively and efficiently prioritize workload under pressure
- A solid understanding of the creative development and production process is recommended
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- D.O.E., as 1099 vendor of Crawford Group
- Fully virtual/remote/offsite/telecommute/WFH. No phone calls, please.
- Part-time freelance consulting. No guaranteed minimum or maximum number of hours. Hours will flex based on dynamic business needs. ASAP – ongoing.
- Please create a profile and upload your samples and resume in Word format
How To ApplyClick Here To Apply