Internet & Ecommerce, SEO & SEM, Social Media
To be discussed.
Upworthy’s mission is to draw massive amounts of attention to the most important stories in the world. We are a mission-based media company focused on changing what the world is paying attention to.
We spend our days at the intersection of data and storytelling, developing tools and techniques to find, develop, craft, optimize, and even assess the impact of our stories in novel, powerful ways. But to make the kind of difference we want to make in the world, we need to go even further. That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a tenacious, highly organized, and results-driven team player to help manage and support Upworthy’s paid social operation.
What you’ll do:
* Create, analyze, and continually optimize paid social campaigns on Facebook
* Perform recurring and ad hoc analyses in Excel or Google Sheets, translating numbers into clear, actionable insights
* Report campaign results and other key metrics to stakeholders throughout the organization
* Experiment! You eat A/B tests for breakfast.
Our ideal candidate:
* Has at least one year of experience working at a media company, or equivalent self-taught experience
* Has experience with Facebook ads (including Power Editor), audience targeting, and campaign optimization
* Is a proactive, creative problem solver; is totally comfortable measuring, interpreting, and making real-time decisions based on big sets of data
* Has a competitive spirit (and a healthy dose of humility); highly motivated by hitting goals and driving meaningful results
* Has an almost obsessive attention to detail
* Is cool with working in a virtual office and can communicate effectively via any medium — Slack, Google hangout, or email
* Wants to work for a company that believes in experimentation, autonomy, and having fun. And GIFs.
Bonus points if you have:
* At least some fluency with Google Analytics, SQL, Looker, or similar data platforms
* Experience with PPC advertising on other platforms like Yahoo, Pinterest, Twitter, Google, LinkedIn, Instagram, Taboola, etc.
* Experience with Influencer marketing
* Experience with Affiliate marketing
* SEO/SEM experience
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply